Native American R1b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native American R1b

Has anyone read any studies that can connect Native Y Chromosome results, (pre European arrival) to a European signature? I'm using R1b as the test group because it's the more common Western signature.

My example would be person "x" migrates with a small tribe across the land bridge or later. Person "x" was a genetic minority, but that blood line survived and is now "scattered" with pockets showing up in different tribes. I understand that there will be some "post arrival" mixture showing the R1b signature.

Originally posted by trilateral
    Has anyone read any studies that can connect Native Y Chromosome results, (pre European arrival) to a European signature? I'm using R1b as the test group because it's the more common Western signature.

My example would be person "x" migrates with a small tribe across the land bridge or later. Person "x" was a genetic minority, but that blood line survived and is now "scattered" with pockets showing up in different tribes. I understand that there will be some "post arrival" mixture showing the R1b signature.
    There was a show, not sure if it was on Discovery or the History Channel, that said some cro magnon could have taken a boat across the ice shelf into the "New World". I don't remember what the theory was based on.

Comment

Originally posted by trilateral

R1b is probably a bad example.

Western Europeans (the most likely source of R1b in America) would actually be R1b1c, a lineage which is too young to have crossed into America with the founding Native American lineages.

Comment

To me it seems logical that there would be water crossing events from Asia to North America. If there is evidence of people going back and forth between the Western European Mainland and England in about 2500 BC then why not?

Less likely R1b and even less likely (c), but not impossible to make that journey over a few thousand years. There would have to be some really convincing hard evidence to back it up though. Which gets me back to my original question.

Comment

Working...
        X