i have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a question

My Ancestry By DNA was 85% European 13% East Asian 2% Sub-Saharan Africa and my dads is 85% European 15% Native American so with my father being native american on the test does that now change my test from east asian to native american

Originally posted by msc_44
    My Ancestry By DNA was 85% European 13% East Asian 2% Sub-Saharan Africa and my dads is 85% European 15% Native American so with my father being native american on the test does that now change my test from east asian to native american
    That is a question for DNAPrint or AbDNA.

Comment

Your scores are a mix of your father's and mother's DNA. So your East Asian could be from your mother. Has she been tested? 2 percent is such a tiny percentage that it might not mean anything. The last time I heard, it needs to be 5 percent or higher to mean something.

Comment

Originally posted by haplogroupc
        2 percent is such a tiny percentage that it might not mean anything. The last time I heard, it needs to be 5 percent or higher to mean something.
        I just noticed your East Asian is actually 13 percent, not 2 percent. It would help to know if your mom has been tested and if she got East Asian.

Comment

im having my mom tested now but my question is does that prove its native american and not east asian since my father has no east asian that mean it should be native american right.

Comment

im having my mom tested now but my question is does that prove its native american and not east asian since my father has no east asian that mean it should be native american right.
            The infamous case of the Kerchner brothers' DNAP results could support your conjecture - one got an EA score and the other NA despite the fact that their genealogy showed no EA or NA. As full brothers, some of the same SNP's must have been sampled in each test, so either it was the presence of one or more particular SNP's, the number of SNP's or DNAP's mysterious mathematics that lead to the divergent results.

There was a link to that, in one of these many autosomal threads, posted by HaplogroupC, as I recollect.
            Last edited by tomcat; 9 March 2007, 11:19 AM.

Comment

my genealogy supports Native American not East Asian so for some reason they mislabeled my results I have ancestor's on the dawes so I think they should be more careful with everyone's results because these results threw me on a rollercoaster trying to figure them out

Comment

Working...
              X