Bald? Blame your mother!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bald? Blame your mother!

I may have found the reason why my father was balding already in his early twenties while I have not. The baldness genes comes from your mother! And I as a male only herritige my mothers x-chromosomes, not my father, so its reasonable I will keep my hair much longer

"The explanation is that the genetic reason for Pattern Baldness is linked to your mother's X-Chromosome. Everyone get one-half of their genetic make-up from their mother and their father. The final chromosome pair of the 23 pairs is the sex determining set. While males are XY and females are XX the determination of an individuals sex is made by the father. It is the father who gives either the X chromosome, which matches with the woman’s X resulting in XX and a female child or the Y chromosome which joins with the woman’s X resulting in an XY match and a male child. It is the X chromosome or female sex chromosome that contains the gene for Male Pattern Baldness."

Baldness article

Noaide
    Last edited by Noaide; 5 March 2007, 06:17 PM.

Originally posted by Noaide
    I may have found the reason why my father was balding already in his early twenties while I have not. The baldness genes comes from your mother! And I as a male only herritige my mothers x-chromosomes, not my father, so its reasonable I will keep my hair much longer

"The explanation is that the genetic reason for Pattern Baldness is linked to your mother's X-Chromosome. Everyone get one-half of their genetic make-up from their mother and their father. The final chromosome pair of the 23 pairs is the sex determining set. While males are XY and females are XX the determination of an individuals sex is made by the father. It is the father who gives either the X chromosome, which matches with the woman’s X resulting in XX and a female child or the Y chromosome which joins with the woman’s X resulting in an XY match and a male child. It is the X chromosome or female sex chromosome that contains the gene for Male Pattern Baldness."

Baldness article

Noaide
    Aren't there more than one baldness type?One of my sons is bald at 32 but his father was balding before I met him..maybe by 19..my son may not be completely bald but he shaves his head.. my other son is receding..at 39..
    None in my family but then maybe that unknown grandfather..hmmm..
    I better read the article..

Comment

I got slammed by both sides of the family. All of my mom's brothers are some degree of bald. On my dad's side, he is the only blond in a family with one full brother and two half brothers and he is balding. I am blond like him and I am going bald. My dad's baldness has to have something to do with his hair color genetics as well.

Comment

DNA Credits yourHaplogroup/ancestors..even If Bad

Originally posted by Noaide

Baldness article

Noaide
        You gotta blame somebody for your DNA as it don't grow on trees,and it does reveal who made you and what you are-it speaks silently.

Comment

Working...
        X