Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help in Decoding OmniPop

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help in Decoding OmniPop

    Okay I have my results back. I am pretty new to this stuff and it is all very confusing so I hope someone can let me know more about this.

    First off I was surprised to find when I did my mtDNA to find that it was African L2d for the result as the latest female ancestor I had was supposed to be a French Girl from Martinique in the Caribbean sent to family in South Carolina during the slave revolts. So now guessing she may have been part African and able to pass as white when she was sent but not sure on the details. So from what I know my mother's father's parents were both from the Azores (I did see this show up in the Autosomal test as Madeira Archipelago which is the Azores area so that was good). I know my mother had German, French, and English from her mother and of course the African (Nigerian) we are still trying to find out more on. My father was said to have Choctaw, Cherokee, German, Irish, and English. However, it does look like some of the Native American info did show up as expected. There is India results listed that I do not understand so hopefully someone can help to decode this for me. I then took the Autosomal tests and this is what came back:

    Marker Value

    CSF1PO 10, 11

    D13S317 10, 10

    D16S539 10, 11

    D18S51 13, 14

    D21S11 29, 32.2

    D3S1358 14, 16

    D5S818 12, 13

    D7S820 9, 12

    D8S1179 13, 13

    FGA 22, 26

    Penta D 9, 9

    Penta E 10, 13

    TH01 7, 8

    TPOX 8, 8

    vWA 14, 17

    OmniPop 150.5 results(what does the PC/BT, NCSBI, and CMPD mean in front of some of the nationalities?):

    Albanians (Northern Italy) (12) 4.56E+19
    PC/BT Hispanic (4) 8.05E+19
    Oriya Brahmin (India) (61) 1.69E+20
    NCSBI Caucasian (4) 1.95E+20
    NCSBI/CMPD Hispanic (4) 2.49E+20
    Desasth brahmin (India) (58) 2.64E+20
    PC/BT Caucasian (4) 2.82E+20
    Tunisian (59) 3.14E+20
    Madiera Archipelago (53) 4.86E+20
    Argentinian (47) 1.10E+21
    Gope (India) (61) 1.77E+21
    Khandayat (India) (61) 2.31E+21
    Karan (India) (61) 2.32E+21
    PC/BT-Asian (4) 1.46E+22
    Chitpavan brahmin (India) (58) 2.22E+22
    NCSBI African American (4) 2.85E+22
    Dhangar (India) (58) 3.11E+22
    NCSBI-Lumbee (Native American) (4) 4.03E+22
    PC/BT African American (4) 8.41E+23

    I hope someone can help on this.

    Kellie

  • #2
    Originally posted by kcrnkovich
    ....

    There is India results listed that I do not understand so hopefully someone can help to decode this for me. ...

    OmniPop 150.5 results(what does the PC/BT, NCSBI, and CMPD mean in front of some of the nationalities?)...
    If you have no record of recent (no further back than GP's) East Indian ancestry you can safely ignore East Indian matches and any other anomalous matches as chance: your allelic profile just happens to match, to some degree (match score) the indicated population. This chance phenomenon is termed 'identity by state' as contrasted to 'identity by descent' which is the category of interest to genetic genealogists.

    There is a more recent version of Omnipop available for free download - http://www.cstl.nist.gov/div831/strbase/

    The initials that precede a named population refers to the organization that collected or collated the named population sample. The parenthetical number that follows the population name is a key to the study from which the data is drawn and can be found under the Ref tab in Omnipop. Some of the studies are available for free download online.

    If you only enter alleles in the 9 Green Cells of Omnipop you will be matched to largest number of populations (CODIS standard). If you enter alleles in more or all cells the number of populations will fall.

    You can also try ENFSI, the European db, with 8 of your markers -
    www.str-base-org

    And you can purchase the 2 additional markers needed for full ENFSI compliance from FTDNA - D2 and D19 from Autosomal Panel 2.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the info. I received back my report from DNA tribes and now have even more confusion. The Native Population Matches are:
      Mongol - 17.6
      Uzbek (Xinjiang, Chinese Turkestan) - 9.3
      Gadaba Tribal (Orissa, India) - 6.2
      Kachari (Northwest India) - 6.0
      Bhutan - 4.5
      Calbria, Italy - 3.9
      Han (Sichuan, China) - 3.8
      Kazakh (China) - 3.1
      Han (Jilin, China) - 2.9
      Flemish (Belgium)- 2.9
      Javanese - 2.7
      Sherpa (Nepal) - 2.7
      Tibetan - 2.6
      Taiwanese - 2.4
      Bidayuh (Sarawak, Malaysia) - 2.4
      Mongolian (China) - 2.2
      Northeast China - 2.1
      Java, Indonesia - 2.1
      Uyghur (China) - 2.0
      Nepal - 2.0

      Once again showing Asia and India as my prominant ancestry locations. I am getting very confused. I know I should have European, Native American, Portuguese, and African. Any advice?

      The global population was similar but added hispanic (California) as 5th on the list at 4.5, Central Mexico 2.7, Hispanic 2.7, Asian (Queensland, Australia) 2.6. Some of this was interesting since I am in California and one of my Cornish Ancestors family went to U.S. (ending in California) another to Mexico, and another to Australia so the same family name is in all three but that is definitely a Cornish family and this is listed as hispanic and asian. Any advice on this part of it?

      Kellie

      Comment


      • #4
        oh and one more the World Region match that was above 1.0 is:

        Tibetan 2.12
        Asia Minor 2.06
        Mestizo 1.45
        Mongolian 1.37
        Finno-Ugrian 1.06
        Chinese 1.01

        Kellie

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kcrnkovich
          ...
          Any advice?...Any advice on this part of it?
          ...
          You got a truly anomalous Tribes report. As per my previous I can only advise that you ignore the matches that are obviously due to chance. I know that doesn't leave much to work with.

          You might contact Tribes - complain! - demand an immediate free upgrade to an Extended Report- a match to all populations in the Tribes db.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kcrnkovich
            Thanks for the info. I received back my report from DNA tribes and now have even more confusion. The Native Population Matches are:
            Mongol - 17.6
            Uzbek (Xinjiang, Chinese Turkestan) - 9.3
            Gadaba Tribal (Orissa, India) - 6.2
            Kachari (Northwest India) - 6.0
            Bhutan - 4.5
            Calbria, Italy - 3.9
            Han (Sichuan, China) - 3.8
            Kazakh (China) - 3.1
            Han (Jilin, China) - 2.9
            Flemish (Belgium)- 2.9
            Javanese - 2.7
            Sherpa (Nepal) - 2.7
            Tibetan - 2.6
            Taiwanese - 2.4
            Bidayuh (Sarawak, Malaysia) - 2.4
            Mongolian (China) - 2.2
            Northeast China - 2.1
            Java, Indonesia - 2.1
            Uyghur (China) - 2.0
            Nepal - 2.0

            Once again showing Asia and India as my prominant ancestry locations. I am getting very confused. I know I should have European, Native American, Portuguese, and African. Any advice?

            The global population was similar but added hispanic (California) as 5th on the list at 4.5, Central Mexico 2.7, Hispanic 2.7, Asian (Queensland, Australia) 2.6. Some of this was interesting since I am in California and one of my Cornish Ancestors family went to U.S. (ending in California) another to Mexico, and another to Australia so the same family name is in all three but that is definitely a Cornish family and this is listed as hispanic and asian. Any advice on this part of it?

            Kellie
            I have a very similar result in that all 20 of my top DNA Tribes matches are asian. There is virtually no chance that is accurate in my case as my ancestors lived within 100 miles of each other for at least 500 years in north-western Europe. There must be a sampling problem in Europe. Asian matches appear to be severely over-represented in people of germanic ancestry.

            John

            Comment


            • #7
              Autosomal Test Results

              I have gotten my autosomal results back and have run the panel one through omnipop. I put in 15 markers fom panel one and two. Here are re results:

              Belgian (99) 3.08E+17
              ABI-ID Caucasian (23) 8.62E+17
              Caucasian (64) 1.21E+18
              Serbian (157) 4.39E+18
              Byelorussian (163) 4.85E+18
              Podlasie (NE Poland) (50) 5.57E+18
              Hispanic (64) 8.12E+18
              Kosovo Albanian (155) 1.56E+19
              Venezuelan (124) 6.96E+19
              ABI-ID Hispanic (23) 1.67E+20
              African American (64) 2.36E+21
              ABI-ID African American (23) 2.62E+21
              ABI-ID Minnesota Native American (23) 3.60E+21

              When I enter Penta D and Penta E values, it takes me off the chart.

              My grandmother on my mothers side was born in Minnesota. I do not understand the values for all this other stuff like Venezuelan & Byelorussian bing a high number. But then again, I do not really know what I am looking at.

              Does this mean that there is a high occurance of Belgian DNA with Minnesota NA being the least?

              Thanks in advance for helping me to understand this becasue I am really confused.

              Patrick

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Patrickwallner
                I have gotten my autosomal results back and have run the panel one through omnipop. I put in 15 markers fom panel one and two. Here are re results:

                Belgian (99) 3.08E+17
                ABI-ID Caucasian (23) 8.62E+17
                Caucasian (64) 1.21E+18
                Serbian (157) 4.39E+18
                Byelorussian (163) 4.85E+18
                Podlasie (NE Poland) (50) 5.57E+18
                Hispanic (64) 8.12E+18
                Kosovo Albanian (155) 1.56E+19
                Venezuelan (124) 6.96E+19
                ABI-ID Hispanic (23) 1.67E+20
                African American (64) 2.36E+21
                ABI-ID African American (23) 2.62E+21
                ABI-ID Minnesota Native American (23) 3.60E+21

                When I enter Penta D and Penta E values, it takes me off the chart.

                My grandmother on my mothers side was born in Minnesota. I do not understand the values for all this other stuff like Venezuelan & Byelorussian bing a high number. But then again, I do not really know what I am looking at.

                Does this mean that there is a high occurance of Belgian DNA with Minnesota NA being the least?

                Thanks in advance for helping me to understand this becasue I am really confused.

                Patrick
                If you just enter alleles in the 9 Green Cells of Omnipop (CODIS standard) you will be matched against the largest number of populations in the program and find, thereby, population matches to your known genealogy.

                Omnipop does not compute admixture but only the probability of your allelic profile matching that of the population referenced. In fact, the probability of ever matching another individual is extremely low. The E# is an exponent, a notational placeholder for lots and lots of zeros. If you added the zeros to the decimalic number you would get a sense of the real probability of a match.

                It would seem from your results that you have some Native American and Eastern European ancestry. The 'Hispanic' matches usually come up as an indicator of mixed Native-European ancestry. The 'classic' Minnesota blend is French-Indian but there isn't any population data on Metis or even Cajun at present. If there were you might pull matches to those pops rather than Hispanic.

                What are your Y and MT haplogroups?
                Last edited by tomcat; 7 March 2007, 02:11 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Autosomal Test Results

                  My Y Haplotype is R1b1c9* and my Mtdna Haplotype is H2b. I suspect that will change with the results of the mega Mtdna test, which is dues in a few weeks. Another person that has the same Mtdna mutations was reclassified to H2a1 after the Mega test.

                  When I put in nine markers, I get a huge list.

                  Are there any databases or spreadsheets that use panel 1 & 2 of the Autosomal results?

                  Thanks


                  Patrick

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Patrickwallner
                    My Y Haplotype is R1b1c9* and my Mtdna Haplotype is H2b. I suspect that will change with the results of the mega Mtdna test, which is dues in a few weeks. Another person that has the same Mtdna mutations was reclassified to H2a1 after the Mega test.

                    When I put in nine markers, I get a huge list.

                    Are there any databases or spreadsheets that use panel 1 & 2 of the Autosomal results?

                    Thanks
                    Patrick
                    There are db's but no computational engines other than ENFSI, CSFS and Omnipop. Go to -www.dna-fingerprint.com Choose Links. Choose External Databases. Choose Uni-Duesseldorf, it is easier to use than ALFRED. You will need to scroll through tables taking note of individual allele incidence in populations for comparison to same in other populations - the higher the decimal number the higher the incidence. DNA-F also has a brief tutorial on comparing allele incidence, but I forgot where it's filed on the DNA-F site.
                    Last edited by tomcat; 7 March 2007, 07:05 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well I found out what happened and why I get so many matches from India. My Mother's family was from the Azores on her Father's side. He was the first one born in the U.S. The people from the Azores fall into the Mediterranean category which from what DNA Tribes says all get a high hit out of India. Although they were surprised by the high Tibetan results as that is not common outside of Asia but due to what he called my "complex ancestry" this could be why and I may need to get testing for one parent to compare. The Mestizo is definitely my Native American heritage as expected. So now I guess I just need to keep searching for the Asian ancestry unless that just might be connected to the Native Ancestry as well. At least now I know where the India ancestry came from.

                      Kellie

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X