This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pleroma
    I think that Francis S. Collins came the closest to understanding when he described DNA as "The Language of God."

"Who hath ears to hear, let him hear."
    Excellent, I like that way of describing it alot.

Comment

The Jesus and Mary Chain

Everybody is jumping on the Jesus bandwagon. What's new?

Comment

Women, The Necessary Evil

ha ha! At least I have a bullet proof vest, and earplugs... heee heee...

Here's the solution: drink beer (no more than 3, otherwise it can turn on you), earplugs or noise reducing headphones, television or computer, and voila!! Welcome to your own mind where the voices you hear are your own. Just be prepared to wake up in the morning...

Comment

Originally posted by Arch Yeomans
          ha ha! At least I have a bullet proof vest, and earplugs... heee heee...

Here's the solution: drink beer (no more than 3, otherwise it can turn on you), earplugs or noise reducing headphones, television or computer, and voila!! Welcome to your own mind where the voices you hear are your own. Just be prepared to wake up in the morning...
          Arch Yeomans, maybe if you stopped listening to those "voices" in your head and turning the television etc. on, you'd find that you'd start turning your lady on.

Just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by tomcat
            How would we know, by measuring Divine DNA against the CRS or WAMH or something? Would Divine DNA be Original or fully 'Evolved'? Could it be cloned?
            Maybe those mtDNA scientists where to quick to use a british women as CRS reference, instead the best CRS reference is Eve herself then we could compare the mutations from Eve not a maybe bitter british hg H lady.

I wonder if Eve was made from the ribbone of Adam, her mtDNA should have been created from his mtDNA. Where did Adams mtDNA came from?

Noaide

Comment

Originally posted by Noaide
              Maybe those mtDNA scientists where to quick to use a british women as CRS reference, instead the best CRS reference is Eve herself then we could compare the mutations from Eve not a maybe bitter british hg H lady.
              Actually, I believe that the CRS is from a man not a woman.

As for Eve: you find her and I'll pay for the test.

Vince

Comment

Why are some American admixture mutations so different from the L3 branches? Anderson’s CRS mtDNA is a poor reference to use. Still, it is one we have to live with. I too would like the mitochondria eve to be the reference.

Comment

Originally posted by vineviz
                  The CRS was from a placenta collected from a near by maternity hospital.

It was just chance she was a H subclade with a bunch of rare mutations.

Comment

Jesus uses condoms.......

Originally posted by GregKiroKH2
                    I think it was normal for a 37 year old man of his faith to be married with children during that times since the Lord commands men to marry.
                    Yeah ,but Jesus was no normal man,don't the world's idiots know that by now? He wasn't a man,he was from heaven,and he went back up to heaven.

Comment

CRS has same results in both sexes

Originally posted by vineviz

As for Eve: you find her and I'll pay for the test.

Vince
                      The CRS maternal DNA can be found in both a man and a woman. All of a womans children carry her maternal DNA,so both her son and her daughter carry her genetic sequence. My maternal Dna is the same as my Male Uncles as we both come from the same female (a lean woman named Jean),she was our maternal Heir,his grandmother and my greatgrandmother.

But ususally dead mummies are male,so they take samples from them,but if they found the mummies sister,her mtDNA would be the same type as the boy in her family.
                      Jambalaia32

Comment

Do we need a less mutated CRS?

Originally posted by Paulie
                        The CRS was from a placenta collected from a near by maternity hospital.

It was just chance she was a H subclade with a bunch of rare mutations.
                        Would a less mutated Standard be in any way helpful?

What do you think of setting up a new Reference Standard by just back-tracking all the perceived mutations to a theoretical EVE?

Or by just using the least mutated sample that can be found on a reasonably wide search?

Comment

Originally posted by Jambalaia32
                          Yeah ,but Jesus was no normal man,don't the world's idiots know that by now? He wasn't a man,he was from heaven,and he went back up to heaven.

When God sent Jesus to earth, he would of gave him a human like form.
                          Any other form would of intimidated the populace.
                          It looks to me like when a person dies he leaves his skeleton behind.
                          His spirit is then moved to heaven to meet up with ones God.
                          These “spirits” are moved in some kind of another dimension that is above the third dimension (your house is third dimension). If something goes wrong in this process, a ghost like image is held in time/space/time possibly forever. This will also explain “ghost sightings”.
                          To sum this up:
                          I really cannot believe that we have found Jesus remains without one heck of a lot of proof. Scientists should be able to get DNA though, but who to compare it too?.
                          This will probably start another war, thats all we need, another religious war.
                          d

Comment

The Cambridge Standard Sequence updated.

Originally posted by derinos
                            Would a less mutated Standard be in any way helpful?

What do you think of setting up a new Reference Standard by just back-tracking all the perceived mutations to a theoretical EVE?

Or by just using the least mutated sample that can be found on a reasonably wide search?

Further flash:
                            There has been a revision, but it is still very mutated.

You can google this heading to get the full sequence:
                            h"Human Mitochondrial DNA Revised Cambridge Reference Sequence"
                            Last updated 02/16/2007

"The rCRS sequence below is a corrected version of the original Cambridge Reference Sequence
                            This sequence is in GenBank as HUMMTCG J01415.2 gi:113200490 and REFSEQ AC_000021.2 gi:115315570.

This rCRS sequence replaces the 1997 HUMMTCG J01415.1 gi:1944628** and corrects the original 1981 CRS, J01415 gi:337188**.

Download this rCRS and other complete mtDNA genomes."

Comment

I am always interested in what Jesus said in his public life. Jesus can speak from the heart of man since he can rise in the hearts of mankind. I can say, I have read what John quotes Jesus to say. Still, I think it is interesting that I saw George Burns speak about Gracie Allen in person. His public life was a personal experience for me. And so, this is what we all must realize about fame. Reading about Jesus is a personal experience, and it is one way his life can be made so. His DNA is another story. And now I am waiting to see how his words speak in other people. Ancient DNA is important. Jesus' DNA is special as is any other person's DNA who has touched my heart. This is what John has taught me. This is what he has told me himself.

John 10:6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
                              John 10:15
                              KJV: As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
                              ASV: even as the Father knoweth me, and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.
                              BBE: Even as the Father has knowledge of me and I of the Father; and I am giving my life for the sheep.
                              DBY: as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.
                              WEY: just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I am laying down my life for the sheep.
                              WBS: As the Father knoweth me, even so I know the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
                              WEB: even as the Father knows me, and I know the Father. I lay down my life for the sheep.
                              YLT: according as the Father doth know me, and I know the Father, and my life I lay down for the sheep,
                              Originally posted by Jambalaia32
                              Last edited by GregKiroKH2; 4 March 2007, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Feedback?

Anyone have any feedback on the show?

Unfortunately it did not air in Canada so I have not seen it. We had to watch a show about tools instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X