X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with dna results

help with dna results
    hello all,
    having just logged onto this forum and read all the previous messages i feel that some of you wise ones out there might be able in very simple terms explain my dna results clearly for me
    i dont have any 12 marker y-dna matches, but do have some 12 marker y-dna one step mutations is this very distant or no conection at all.
    this is my dna marker
    13 23 14 11 11 14 12 12 12 13 13 29 16 9 9 11 11 25 15 19 30 16 17 17 17

the close dna
    13 23 14 11 12 14 12 12 12 13 13 29 17 9 10 11 11 23 15 19 29 15 15 17 17
    is it possible that some where down the line we have a common ancester? your input greatly appreciated
    george uk
    ps this is the second time ive tried to post so please excuse the double posting

George:
    I ignore all 12 marker matches unless they have the same or a very close surname. In the comparison you present for 25 markers, the differences indicate that you and that person are not related within a genealogical time frame, meaning since the adoption of surnames.
    Keep looking.

Dennis West
    Project coordinator for WEST, GIBBONS, and PARKER

Comment

Hello George!
      I have 11 exact matches for my 12 DNA marker test. I have contacted most of them to determine their ancestors country of origin. Any information is helpful in determining or confirming migration patterns of your ancient ancestors.

I am also a member of the Clan Donnachaidh DNA Project through Family Tree.

Donabie

Comment

thank you

Originally posted by Donabie
        Hello George!
        I have 11 exact matches for my 12 DNA marker test. I have contacted most of them to determine their ancestors country of origin. Any information is helpful in determining or confirming migration patterns of your ancient ancestors.

I am also a member of the Clan Donnachaidh DNA Project through Family Tree.

Donabie
        thanks for replying appreciate the input george yorkshire uk

Comment

Working...
        X