Looking for Oppenheimer Clan Test Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Oppenheimer Clan Test Results

EthnoAncestry is offering a test to match participants with Stephen Openheimer's clan designations. (Oppenheimer in the spirit of Sykes has created his own haplotype nomenclature).

Has anyone taken this test? If so, would you mind posting your Oppenheimer results, marker values, and any SNP results here? ... oh, and your Ysearch code to if available!

THX

Show me the maps!

Originally posted by K. Campbell
    EthnoAncestry is offering a test to match participants with Stephen Openheimer's clan designations. (Oppenheimer in the spirit of Sykes has created his own haplotype nomenclature).
    Yeah, and if anybody could please post the map results on the Internet because I really don't want to have to pay for this test. And by the way, what's the deal with all these crazy clan designations? Dr Sykes and Dr Oppenheimer need to talk about different nomenclature systems. For the poor consumer and lay person it can be a little confusing trying to figure whether Tara is the ancestral mother and whether Oisin, or Herkales the sancho is the ancestral father.

Comment

SOme Oppenheimer Results

Ron Scott has collected these results:

List,

Here is the format for the current or expected clan results:
      Ysearch ID - Name - Haplogroup - (Clan) - DYS 393-390-19-391 ...

8CZYC - Scott - R1b1c* - (R1b-15c) - 14-24-14-11 ...
      ZV3N9 - Hurst - R1b1c9b - (R1b-15c) - 14-23-14-10 ...
      S286F - Clark - R1b - (R1b-15a) - 14-25-14-11 ...
      35UQ4 - Ozment - R1b1c9* - (R1b-8) - 13-23-14-11 ...
      23UDR - Nichols - R1b1c9* - (R1b-8) - 13-23-14-11 ...
      3QQDV - Eckersley - R1b1c* - (expected) - 12-24-14-11 ...

Anyone else want to join the list?

Ron Scott

Comment

what 4 markers

what 4 markers is he/we using to identify these subclans?

Comment

Where can I see Stephen Openheimer's clan designations? What is his site?

Comment

you cant

he doesnt have the information posted. you can send him 75 dollars, buy his book and then know where you fit.

I just bought the book. I am not sure what he uses to classify individuals. It would be nice to know.
            -Robert

Comment

Oppenheimer Results Data Base

Thanks to Stephen Bird for organizing these samples. See the Oppenheier link off of his web page at:

http://tinyurl.com/yyzgaa

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Waste of Money

Originally posted by K. Campbell

Has anyone taken this test? If so, would you mind posting your Oppenheimer results, marker values, and any SNP results here? ... oh, and your Ysearch code to if available!

THX
                  Yes, as an advocate for consumer rights. This is not worth $75.00 that I paid for. You get a lame PDF file, no certificate with signature. There are typos on the PDF certificate. I can't think of any cheesier way to show a certificate. The dang thing should be framed at least. Anyway, my test results are R1b-10, who descends from R1b-9 (go figure, really). There are no values to post (all of it is extracted from Family Tree's ySearch database) which brings up the question I keep hearing about academic workmanship of Oppenheimer's regurgitation of Cappelli's data. Hmmm..... in essence FTDNA did all the work; in my case, then Oppenheimer anaylzes it, borrowing off of Cappelli's data, and EA gives you a $75.00 PDF file of the results.

Comment

Working...
                  X