Wales DNA Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wales DNA Project

Would anyone on this forum recall reading about a DNA Project in Wales? I know I read about it in one of the many DNA Books or web site out there, but at the time didn't think much about it. Now that I have seen that my husband has a 25 marker match with 1 of the 74 in that project, I would like to read about it again. To find out when it was done, and what area, I think it was done at a school there. And a 25 marker match just might be a cousin.

Have you checked the Welsh Patrynomics project at ftdna. I probably messed up the spelling real good but you will recognize it when you see it.
    Dprice

Comment

Thanks, I do know about that project. This was in the book "Seven daughters of Eve" I know believe, so I am going to go to the Library and pick that up, and read again. I've read several books on DNA, eventually i'll find it.

Comment

What I read about was in the book "Seven Daugters of Eve". And from what I can tell it was a mitachodrial DNA test, but maybe they also took Y-DNA it doesn't say. Any way my husbands match was probably not in that project.

Comment

Wales DNA Project Started at FTDNA on Christmas Eve 2006

The Wales DNA Project can be found here:

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/WalesDNA/

Janet Lewis Crain

Originally posted by Ladybug
          Would anyone on this forum recall reading about a DNA Project in Wales? I know I read about it in one of the many DNA Books or web site out there, but at the time didn't think much about it. Now that I have seen that my husband has a 25 marker match with 1 of the 74 in that project, I would like to read about it again. To find out when it was done, and what area, I think it was done at a school there. And a 25 marker match just might be a cousin.

Comment

Working...
          X