X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phenotypes found in my family

Phenotypes found in my family:

Eyes:

Green Eye Variations (found in R1b members)

Green eyes are rarer than brown, hazel, blue and gray eyes. Green eyes are most often found in people of Celtic, Germanic, and Slavic descent. Hungarians have the highest percentage of green eyes of any population, close to 20%.

Blue Eye Variations (found in U5a1a and R1b members)

Finland and Lithuania have the highest percentages of blue-eyed people, with at least 80% in both countries respectively. Ireland and Great Britain also have high percentages of blue eyes, with estimates for being around 70% for Ireland and about 65% for Britain.

Hazel Eye Variations (found in U5a1a members)

Hazel is usually used to describe eyes that contain elements of both green eyes and brown eyes, in rare cases, also containing gray or blue, sometimes transitioning from green at the edges to brown around the pupil, and light brown. Hazel eyes often change color depending on what the person is wearing (i.e. if the person is wearing green or purple, the eyes appear mostly green). They are commonly found in middle European countries such as the middle of Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, south and middle of Poland, south and middle of Germany, north of France, Switzerland, north of Italy,Turkey, Slovenia and others.

Hair:

Blonde Hair: (found in U5a1a and R1b members)

Brown Hair: (found in U5a1a and R1b members)

Black Hair: (found in U5a1a members)

Skin Tones:

White - non-pigmented / fair / red tan: (found in U5a1a members)
    White - pigmented / brown tan: (found in U5a1a and R1b members)

Originally posted by johnraciti

Eyes:

Green eyes are rarer than brown, hazel, blue and gray eyes. Green eyes are most often found in people of Celtic, Germanic, and Slavic descent. Hungarians have the highest percentage of green eyes of any population, close to 20%.

Finland and Lithuania have the highest percentages of blue-eyed people, with at least 80% in both countries respectively. Ireland and Great Britain also have high percentages of blue eyes, with estimates for being around 70% for Ireland and about 65% for Britain.

Hazel is usually used to describe eyes that contain elements of both green eyes and brown eyes, in rare cases, also containing gray or blue, sometimes transitioning from green at the edges to brown around the pupil, and light brown. Hazel eyes often change color depending on what the person is wearing (i.e. if the person is wearing green or purple, the eyes appear mostly green). They are commonly found in middle European countries such as the middle of Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, south and middle of Poland, south and middle of Germany, north of France, Switzerland, north of Italy,Turkey, Slovenia and others.

Hair:

Skin Tones:

John these phenotypes are found in peoples of all haplogroups generally in Europe and are not determined by Y-DNA or mtDNA they are autosomal characteristics. these phenotypes and types of pigmentation can be found in pretty much any haplogroup in Europe, it all depends on what alleles you recieve from both of your parents and how they recombine.

Y-DNA: J2a*

Comment

Differences in family eye colors

Originally posted by johnraciti

Eyes:

Hair:

Skin Tones:

My mother has gray/hazel eyes, father has chestnut/brown eyes, sister has green eyes, and I have chestnut/brown eyes.

Mother has light brown hair to darker shades as she aged. Father has dakr brown curly hair. Sister has blonde hair. I have dark brown hair almost black.

We're all pasty white, though my father and I tan easily; in comparison my sister and mother will sunburn more than they'll tan.

No wonder why my family is crazy. All these weird admixtures.

Comment

Originally posted by Arch Yeomans
        My mother has gray/hazel eyes, father has chestnut/brown eyes, sister has green eyes, and I have chestnut/brown eyes.

Mother has light brown hair to darker shades as she aged. Father has dakr brown curly hair. Sister has blonde hair. I have dark brown hair almost black.

We're all pasty white, though my father and I tan easily; in comparison my sister and mother will sunburn more than they'll tan.

No wonder why my family is crazy. All these weird admixtures.

Ya admixtures make family interesting when it comes to phenotype. My mom has blue-green eyes, dad has dark brown eyes, brother has dark brown eyes, and I have hazel/green-brown eyes.

My mom's hair is naturally light brown, dad's hair is black, brother's hair is dark brown/black and my hair is dark brown/black. I started out blond though and it changed to brown when I was about 4 or 5.

We can all tan fairly easily actually but it usually for me starts out as a mild burn and then after just tans. The times I have been in Florida though I have fried myself a few times lol.

Y-DNA: J2a*

Comment

Working...
        X