Freedom of Information Act and DNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom of Information Act and DNA

I have a question maybe one our armchair lawyers in the forum can answer. If the government has my DNA on file, can I access it through the Freedom of Information Act or demand to have the data results of the DNA sampling?

Government knows our DNA?

How do you know the Govrnt. has a copy your DNA results? I know companies that test for it have it and CODIS the criminal detecting agency or company has it - if you are a felon or choose to have your autosomal DNA added,by buying a CODIS ID card. But except for that I didn't know the Govrnt. had copies of our DNA. What I'd like to know is what is the Govrnt. gonna do with it or even better what are they gonna do FOR us- I think they could customize assistance to particular groups based on their own particular needs. I think my group is under-represented and under-funded, AND misunderstood,maybe yours and others are too,but each group should be studied to get more statistics to see if you are worse off than other more studied,respected,funded groups or about equal in social standing. My group is kinda small so maybe they go unseen,maybe they have no business of their own or lands or companies.I think each group should be given textbooks to teach them of their own genetic history and culture and crafts and learn their own language so they won't be so weak and ignorant.Not to cause a national rift,but to empower the little nobody citizen.

Comment

[QUOTE=Arch Yeomans]I have a question maybe one our armchair lawyers in the forum can answer. If the government has my DNA on file, can I access it through the Freedom of Information Act or demand to have the data results of the DNA sampling?[/QUOTE

where or are you ,military

Comment

DNA required for military and other gov't positions depending on type of employment

Originally posted by Jambalaia32
        How do you know the Govrnt. has a copy your DNA results? I know companies that test for it have it and CODIS the criminal detecting agency or company has it - if you are a felon or choose to have your autosomal DNA added,by buying a CODIS ID card. But except for that I didn't know the Govrnt. had copies of our DNA. What I'd like to know is what is the Govrnt. gonna do with it or even better what are they gonna do FOR us- I think they could customize assistance to particular groups based on their own particular needs. I think my group is under-represented and under-funded, AND misunderstood,maybe yours and others are too,but each group should be studied to get more statistics to see if you are worse off than other more studied,respected,funded groups or about equal in social standing. My group is kinda small so maybe they go unseen,maybe they have no business of their own or lands or companies.I think each group should be given textbooks to teach them of their own genetic history and culture and crafts and learn their own language so they won't be so weak and ignorant.Not to cause a national rift,but to empower the little nobody citizen.
        It's mandatory for all military personnel, and certain government employees depending on what kind of job you do. Mostly in organizations requiring detailed information on who you really are (e.g., CIA, NSA, DIA, FBI, etc.)

Comment

[QUOTE=Jim Denning]
          Originally posted by Arch Yeomans
          I have a question maybe one our armchair lawyers in the forum can answer. If the government has my DNA on file, can I access it through the Freedom of Information Act or demand to have the data results of the DNA sampling?[/QUOTE

where or are you ,military
          military... and government. it seems like everybody has a piece of my DNA, is this the new big brother?

Comment

Working...
          X