J2 in Ireland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J2 in Ireland?

I recently received my SNP backbone result back and have been designated as J2. This is somewhat interesting since my paternal line roots are Irish, and had been in Ireland as far back as I can trace (circa 1760).

What are the possible sources of J2 in Ireland? Are these "neolithic farmers" or are there other possible explanations?

Originally posted by ylgitn
    I recently received my SNP backbone result back and have been designated as J2. This is somewhat interesting since my paternal line roots are Irish, and had been in Ireland as far back as I can trace (circa 1760).

What are the possible sources of J2 in Ireland? Are these "neolithic farmers" or are there other possible explanations?
    In his new book (p. 206), Oppenheimer says J2 and E3b went from the Near East to Iberia, and then to Britain in the Neolithic, but "Ireland again was missed."

Do you have your results on Ysearch? You might match one of the English J2 cases there.

Jim
    Y-DNA J1

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Honeychuck
      In his new book (p. 206), Oppenheimer says J2 and E3b went from the Near East to Iberia, and then to Britain in the Neolithic, but "Ireland again was missed."

Do you have your results on Ysearch? You might match one of the English J2 cases there.

Jim
      Y-DNA J1
      Thanks for your reply. I'm aware of his contention but really doubt its accuracy. For an example of a deep rooted Irish surname with a pervasive J2 constituency, check out the Curtin surname project (not my surname, but a really excellent example of why I think Oppenheimer is wrong).

http://www.curtin.org/_mgxroot/page_10774.html

Comment

Explainations

Originally posted by ylgitn

ylgitn, Im sure there are any number of possibilities. Do you know your sub clade? It is my understanding that sub clades such as, M67/ M92, M12/M102, M280 and M158 are not considered ancient Israelite markers.

regards,

bob

Comment

Originally posted by bob_chasm
          ylgitn, Im sure there are any number of possibilities. Do you know your sub clade? It is my understanding that sub clades such as, M67/ M92, M12/M102, M280 and M158 are not considered ancient Israelite markers.

regards,

bob
          At this point, all I know is I am J2 (M172+); I am awaiting deep clade test results. Thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

Working...
          X