J1 presence in north Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mareb Dam

Bob, thank you for the info about the Mareb Dam, it was very interesting, it was also the first I have heard about it.
    I am still waiting on the results for markers 13 thru 37, I have a feeling that its going to be a long wait .

Jay1

Comment

Originally posted by Jay1
      Bob, thank you for the info about the Mareb Dam, it was very interesting, it was also the first I have heard about it.
      I am still waiting on the results for markers 13 thru 37, I have a feeling that its going to be a long wait .

Jay1
      are you from tunisia, morocco or algeria ?
      do you know what is the name of your tribe and where it is located ?

Comment

Originally posted by mohand1978
        are you from tunisia, morocco or algeria ?
        do you know what is the name of your tribe and where it is located ?
        Nope, I'm from California and I don't know anything about my Tribes or Tunisia, Morocco or anything else outside of the USA. I have traced my J1 surname line back to the very early 1700's in the USA, before that family history says Portugual, thats about all I know .

Comment

Originally posted by Jay1
          Nope, I'm from California and I don't know anything about my Tribes or Tunisia, Morocco or anything else outside of the USA. I have traced my J1 surname line back to the very early 1700's in the USA, before that family history says Portugual, thats about all I know .

Hmm if your line really is from Portugal maybe your ancestor was an Arab who came from North Africa when they controlled the Iberian penninsula.

Where are most of your matches from?

Y-DNA: J2a*

Comment

Originally posted by J Man
            Hmm if your line really is from Portugal maybe your ancestor was an Arab who came from North Africa when they controlled the Iberian penninsula.

yes certainly an arab who came to portugal during the islamic expansion !

Comment

Originally posted by J Man

The Portugal connection to the US would have occurred I'm guessing around the 15 to 1600's. My RAO from FTDNA has matches from Cyprus, Oman and Arabia, with my deep ancestry being listed as about the same, so someone must have gone to Portugal before migrating to the US .

Comment

Working...
              X