Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y-37 current batch number and processing times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y-37 current batch number and processing times?

Hello,

My kit started processing on the 14th of November, and was assigned batch number 1351. How long does it usually take for a Y-37 to process, and when can I expect to see my results? What are the current batch numbers?

Thanks

3 to 6 weeks according to this page: https://help.familytreedna.com/hc/en.../4660569658895

Also, similar or same information on this other page for the After I return the kit, how long will results take? question. There is some information about batches on that page, too. But not the current batch numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by blanko View Post
      3 to 6 weeks according to this page: https://help.familytreedna.com/hc/en.../4660569658895

Also, similar or same information on this other page for the After I return the kit, how long will results take? question. There is some information about batches on that page, too. But not the current batch numbers.

Okay, thanks. Really wish there was a way to track batches.

Comment

Batch numbers only indicate when a sample entered testing. The different types of tests require different processing times, and each individual test proceeds at its own pace, so batches do not finish together. Your test may fall within the averages, or take longer if, for example, it fails quality control and has to be rerun either in whole or in part.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarry6899 View Post
          Batch numbers only indicate when a sample entered testing. The different types of tests require different processing times, and each individual test proceeds at its own pace, so batches do not finish together. Your test may fall within the averages, or take longer if, for example, it fails quality control and has to be rerun either in whole or in part.
          Got it, really hope to get my results soon. Dying to get them.

Comment

Your dying will not help and you won't know the results. Work on your research while you wait. Complete all of the requested information for your kit: most distant known ancestors, surname lists, get a genealogy and build a tree then upload a GEDcom to your kit, complete the beneficiary information and join a surname project. You can find the place to do most of these by signing into your kit, hovering over name & kit number and clicking on 'Account Settings'. You have miles to go before you sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
              Your dying will not help and you won't know the results. Work on your research while you wait. Complete all of the requested information for your kit: most distant known ancestors, surname lists, get a genealogy and build a tree then upload a GEDcom to your kit, complete the beneficiary information and join a surname project. You can find the place to do most of these by signing into your kit, hovering over name & kit number and clicking on 'Account Settings'. You have miles to go before you sleep.
              Done all of that, now we wait.

Comment

The current, published (as of Nov 23) wait time for Y37 is 5 to 7 weeks. So hopefully by the end of Dec 2022. If not, early Jan

You might also skim these pages. I have preloaded for R-M269, but of course you might be some other haplogroup.
                FamilyTreeDNA Discover - Y-DNA Haplogroup R-M269

Comment

Hi. you mentioned batch number. how can i know my batch number. i was only given kit number

thank you

Originally posted by Z111 View Post
                  Hello,

My kit started processing on the 14th of November, and was assigned batch number 1351. How long does it usually take for a Y-37 to process, and when can I expect to see my results? What are the current batch numbers?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Enoy View Post
                    Hi. you mentioned batch number. how can i know my batch number. i was only given kit number

thank you
                    Here's the answer:

Originally posted by KATM
                    Log in to your account, hover over your name, and select "Order History" from the list. The batch numbers are listed in the right column. Expected results are found at a link with wording similar to "awaiting results" or "pending results" at the top of the Order History page (I don't have any kits with pending results to check this right now). Clicking on that link takes you to a page which shows the expected range of dates for a pending test, as well as the batch number.

I'm not sure if the other information is current on the Pending Results page in the FTDNA Learning Center, but the last image shows what you should see on the "Awaiting Results" page.​
                    http://https://forums.familytreedna....704#post327704

Comment

I have a cousin's kit in that same batch still processing, kit before that took 3 weeks for 111's 4 for bigy so it just varies by kit.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty13335 View Post
                        I have a cousin's kit in that same batch still processing, kit before that took 3 weeks for 111's 4 for bigy so it just varies by kit.
                        Wow - lucky you that your Y-111 only took 3 weeks. I'm in the same batch here and we're approaching 6 weeks (I know we had the bad luck to have our near completion period right around the Holidays). I just wish they were a bit more forthcoming about the progress - they could at least have a bit more detail like 'kit analyzed but still completing quality control checks' or something like that. AFAIK the test has been batched over 5 weeks ago and that's it. Not trying to be a humbug and I know these guys need to have the Holidays off also - I just wish they were a bit more transparent (Like is there any chance it'll be between Christmas & New Years, or are we just looking at Mid-January at this point?).

Comment

Got mine back Nov 30th, just bought an SNP pack and waiting on results

Comment

Working...
                          X