Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R1b age

Originally posted by Stevo
    And Norman's problem with me and what I say has its roots in the fact that I said the early Finns may have been Mongolian looking. Frankly, I think they were.

He was offended and now feels he must contradict what I post.

Actually I have not "dismissed" anything, and I certainly have not "reviled" anything.

Norman does not consider my arguments. He would rather nurse a grudge based on his wounded claim to "blond and beautiful" Scandinavian ancestry.

There are plenty of holes in the whole "Paleo R1b" hypothesis. It may still be correct, but there are some problems with it that need to be dealt with.

And alternatives should be considered. Besides, my centum Indo-European hypothesis does not stand or fall based on the age of R1b.
    Hello,
    I agree about the R1b-age in Eastern-Europe...but maybe a sub-group moved earlier to the West.
    Nas

Comment

Hold On! Stevo may have a point about this 8000~10 000 ybp R1b, because it is a predecessor of R1 that travelled, and settled in Eastern Europe about 20 000 ybp.. This would apply to the theory I stated in Stevo's previous thread, about spread of Indo-Europeans from Northern Ukraine, etc. It covers everything we have mentioned..

Comment

The Spread of R1b

Originally posted by Downer101
        Hold On! Stevo may have a point about this 8000~10 000 ybp R1b, because it is a predecessor of R1 that travelled, and settled in Eastern Europe about 20 000 ybp.. This would apply to the theory I stated in Stevo's previous thread, about spread of Indo-Europeans from Northern Ukraine, etc. It covers everything we have mentioned..
        It's easy to make the assumption that R1b is 30-35,000 years old. From my understanding the R1b predecessor arrived at the Russian Steppes around 30,000 years ago and moved westwards. How fast westwards did the type move?? I don't think it would have been very fast, initially. Perhaps it was the horse that kind of sped things up as far as migration goes. I would think environment affects the mutation and time is just another added factor. I think we need to look at every possibility of what can cause mutations, and have better accountability of the time of mutation of haplogroups (and their subgroupings) in order to eliminate the glaring holes in some of the theories.

Comment

Working...
        X