A good family tree analysis tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good family tree analysis tool?

I have a big family tree where I put all my DNA matches. The site where my tree is supports "pedigry view". I'd like an analysis tool which supports, let's say "anti pedigry view", to click on an ancient patriarch (or matriarch) and see all descendants, with support to hide or remove persons or branches in order to see more clearly different relations.

Do you have a software program for genealogy, to use on your own computer offline? Most will do a descendant chart for a selected ancestor. I'm not sure about hiding or removing persons or branches, but you would probably be able to do that manually on a chart you produce, before saving it or printing it.

ISOGG (International Society of Genetic Genealogy) has a page for "Comparison of genealogy software," with tables for information and comparison of features for quite a number of programs for various operating systems.

And there is at least one add-on for genealogy software which can help produce charts, including some for DNA; Roberta Estes has written three blog posts about it. You would need to check to be sure it would work with whichever software you have.

Comment

Originally posted by joko71 View Post
      I have a big family tree where I put all my DNA matches. The site where my tree is supports "pedigry view". I'd like an analysis tool which supports, let's say "anti pedigry view", to click on an ancient patriarch (or matriarch) and see all descendants, with support to hide or remove persons or branches in order to see more clearly different relations.
      Let me check this, seems interesting. Do this work offline?

Comment

Working...
      X