No announcement yet.

Haplogroup N - exact match for India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kayser: absolutely correct conclusion. It's a "minor" branch of W that lacks the usual 16292 and has 16286 instead.

Comment

akaara: Would you like to volunteer more info, like your ancestral place or origin and population group (W Eurasian, South Asian, Native American etc)? Phylogeography helps, particularly when DNA results are inconclusive (though I believe you will go for further HVR-2 testing as well).

vraatyah: Thanks for certifying me as a population geneticist!
      Kaiser
      Last edited by Kaiser; 3 November 2006, 06:14 AM.

Comment

thanks for the insight. I neglected to mention that she also told me it was N and also N* whatever that means. Anyplace I can look online for this information on N* and W?

I don't think my family background would be of much help. Supposedly my mito has changed very little at least from my mother's mother's mother's line. The person who did my results said it was unusual that I had so few mutations, like it's an old/ancient lineage... but if that's the case, why can't they break it down further?

I know it was the second number 16286T which was the uncommon part.

Thanks so much for the help.. it's fascinating stuff!
        Last edited by Guest; 3 November 2006, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser
          akaara: Would you like to volunteer more info, like your ancestral place or origin and population group (W Eurasian, South Asian, Native American etc)? Phylogeography helps, particularly when DNA results are inconclusive (though I believe you will go for further HVR-2 testing as well).

vraatyah: Thanks for certifying me as a population geneticist!
          I was told I have Native American ancestry but the DNA tests did not support this, though it would have been back 4 generatoins or so. I wonder if they got the Indian from North America confused with Indians from India?

Comment

Working...
          X