Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many commercial sites are you on?

Hi Folks,

I'm a member here since I submitted my Y-DNA over a month ago. My only other commercial site is Ancestry.com where my autosomal test resides. Is there an advantage to joining another commercial site? When I'm searching for info I'm often taken to MyHeritage but I can't access the information. I'm tempted to join though, but I'm not sure I want to submit another autosomal test. But I could be convinced to do so if I read some compelling information. I guess a brick wall will cause folks to spend money, and I'm at a brick wall. I'm on GEDmatch and WikiTree and I use FamilySearch a good bit. Look forward to reading the responses.

You can upload to MH - you don't have to do another test. It requires a separate sub to view MH's records. If you're on facebook, you can join various groups that could answer your questions. This is meant to be a forum about FTDNA topics

Comment

Originally posted by Tidewater View Post
      Hi Folks, I'm a member here since I submitted my Y-DNA over a month ago.
      You didn't add Family Finder during the sale that ended yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by Fern View Post
        This is meant to be a forum about FTDNA topics
        Sorry. I'll try to keep my questions about FTDNA topics in the future. Thanks for answering my question about MH.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post

You didn't add Family Finder during the sale that ended yesterday?
          Didn't see the point as my other autosomal hasn't helped me with my paternal line. I can be convinced to do it once the Family Finder goes on sale again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidewater View Post
            Didn't see the point as my other autosomal hasn't helped me with my paternal line. I can be convinced to do it once the Family Finder goes on sale again.
            It may not help, but you wont know if you don't try. There are people who tested here first for Y-DNA and/or mtDNA and added autosomal DNA because they could do it without submitting another sample. I added Family Finder to my cousin's Y-DNA kit after he died.

Comment

Working...
            X