Amerindian father?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amerindian father?

Hello I am French I dont know my father I just know that he lived in Denmark and was born in Colombia. MAybe you help me understand where he is coming from? My results in get match in k13 are:
    Attached Files

My results in k 36
    Attached Files

Comment

Results of my mother in my heritage
      my mother is french
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry if this post is a bit messy Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Your father was mestizo, a mix of Amerindian and Iberian (mostly - maybe some other pan-Mediterranean). The "Siberian" and "East-Asian" are probably just an extra bit of Amerindian - which seems to be somewhere between 17 and 20 percent using the gedmatch models.

If male, you might be interested in getting a Y test - all you would need is a Y-12 to see if you are Q or not. But, because the Spanish colonizers tended not to bring women with them but to mate instead with native women, mestizos most often got their indigenous component through maternal, not paternal lines - so you likely have a European Y. If you are curious, and did your autosomal test at Family Tree, it is a 59$ add-on. If Q, you could get a lot of interesting information through the Q-M242 project.
          Last edited by abuelita; 23rd July 2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much abuelita
            in view of the Amerindian% you think my grandmother would be Native American? about 20% Native American means that it is a recent ancestor?

Comment

Fanny94, more likely you are descended from many different Amerindian people who lived about 10+ generations ago, rather than one recent full Amerindian. Repeated mixing over 10+ generations between Spanish and Amerindian elements has been common in most Latin American countries.

Comment

Thank you
                for you i m 0% danish ?
                my father said to my mother he was 100% danish but born in Colombia.

Comment

Are any of your matches Danish (or from neighbouring countries)?

Let us assume that your father thought he was Danish.
                  • What if he was adopted (and nobody told him)?
                    (no Danish ancestors, no Danish matches expected)
                  • If his mother was Danish, and his bio-father Colombian, you should have some Danish (Scandinavian) matches.
                    (calculated European percents look like southern-European ancestry, but let us check with the matches)

Comment

Working...
                  X