British Isles 23% dna?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Isles 23% dna?

Having 23 percent British Isles in my dna when none of my closest family are of English,Scottish, Heritage. I do have a Irish Man in my family but that is far back he died in 1831. so were do 23 percent come from?.

Originally posted by nygaard View Post
    Having 23 percent British Isles in my dna when none of my closest family are of English,Scottish, Heritage. I do have a Irish Man in my family but that is far back he died in 1831. so were do 23 percent come from?.
    Your known ancestry is what specifically?

Comment

Originally posted by nygaard View Post
      What is your known ancestry? How far back have you researched your tree on all branches? Is it possible you have more British Isles ancestors from further back that you don't know about? I have a lot of colonial ancestors I don't know for certain their origins, for example and they could very easily be British. That aside, it's normal to get results in neighboring regions of your known ancestry. Particularly if you have Scandinavian or Germanic ancestry, it's not surprising for some of it to show up under British Isles (or vice versa). Those regions share a lot of DNA.

Comment

Working...
      X