Huntsville, Alabama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huntsville, Alabama

Is there anyone in this group/forum who lives in or near Huntsville, AL who would be able to collect samples and mail off kits for Ancestry and FTDNA (yDNA) for a 62-yr old male who is partially paralyzed and doesn’t think he can do it properly himself? My cousin and I are in California and unable to do it ourselves. My cousin has been diligent about finding and getting family and other potential relatives to get DNA tested. In particular, we are focusing on our grandfather who is William Henry Looney. The person in Huntsville is also a Looney and is willing to test. The kits would be provided and you'd be compensated for your time. Let me know if you’re willing and able. TYIA

Did you check with the potential test-taker in Huntsville to see if he has a friend or good neighbor who could help?

Comment

Yes, he seems to be fairly isolated. He seems quite excited to test though, but according to my cousin, has nobody to help. My cousin has written to him and spoken to him over the phone. She lives in Southern California. And I live in Northern California. But since she's a technophobe and I'm fairly tech literate, I've been tasked with using the Internet to locate someone to help.

Comment

Perhaps there is a genealogy society near him, which might have someone interested and with experience in DNA testing, who could help him. You could try searching for some organization like that.

Edited to add: I did a quick search and found this Northeast Alabama Genealogical Society, which had a presentation on DNA in February: http://neags.com
        Might be worth a try! Perhaps one of the members, or someone they know, lives near Huntsville and could help.
        Last edited by KATM; 7th June 2019, 08:55 PM.

Comment

There is a volunteer organization of genealogists who will help research for free. Maybe one of the Alabama members can help you.

https://raogk.fandom.com/wiki/Random...DeCTywgpfRwSU0

Comment

KATM, I did contact the Tennessee Valley Genealogical Society which is in Huntsville, AL and also posted on their Facebook page. As of today there were still no offfers of help.

Comment

rproto, Thanks. I'll check it out.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. My cousin finally found someone.

Comment

Working...
                X