Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25 marker test results

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 25 marker test results

    Below are the results of four of our 25 marker test participants.

    Are these people related? Please explain the results.

    Thank you!

    DeAnn Monroe Steely


    #1419
    13, 23, 14, 10, 11, 15, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 29, 18, 9, 10, 11, 11, 25, 15, 19, 31, 13, 15, 16, 17

    #3945
    13, 24, 14, 10, 11, 15, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 29, 18, 9, 10, 11, 11, 25, 15, 19, 30, 13, 16, 16, 17

    #1551
    13, 24, 14, 10, 11, 15, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 29, 19, 9, 10, 11, 11, 25, 15, 19, 30, 13, 15, 16, 17

    #1328
    13, 25, 14, 10, 11, 15, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 29, 18, 9, 10, 11, 11, 25, 15, 19, 30, 13, 15, 16, 17

  • #2
    DeAnn:
    Do all four have the same surname? If so, I think they are probably related, especially if they have a geographic proximity. If you make pairwise comparisons you get:

    #3945 vs #1551 match 23/25 (2 fast markers)
    #3945 vs #1328 match 23/25 (1 fast marker)
    #3945 vs #1419 match 22/25 (1 fast marker)

    #1551 vs #1328 match 23/25 (1 fast marker)
    #1551 vs #1419 match 22/25 (1 fast marker)

    #1328 vs #1419 match 23/25 (2 slow markers)

    Dennis West

    Comment


    • #3
      25 marker results

      Originally posted by dennis
      DeAnn:
      Do all four have the same surname? If so, I think they are probably related, especially if they have a geographic proximity. If you make pairwise comparisons you get:

      #3945 vs #1551 match 23/25 (2 fast markers)
      #3945 vs #1328 match 23/25 (1 fast marker)
      #3945 vs #1419 match 22/25 (1 fast marker)

      #1551 vs #1328 match 23/25 (1 fast marker)
      #1551 vs #1419 match 22/25 (1 fast marker)

      #1328 vs #1419 match 23/25 (2 slow markers)

      Dennis West
      Dennis -

      Yes, they all have the same surname. Three are from North Carolina and one from Scotland.

      Thanks for your help.

      DeAnn

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 25 marker results

        Originally posted by dsteely
        Dennis -

        Yes, they all have the same surname. Three are from North Carolina and one from Scotland.

        Thanks for your help.

        DeAnn

        For people with same surname, please look at:
        http://www.familytreedna.com/gdrules_12.html
        and
        http://www.familytreedna.com/gdrules_25.html

        for matches with different surnames, look here:
        http://www.familytreedna.com/trs_explain.html
        Max Blankfeld
        Vice-President and COO @ Family Tree DNA
        A Gene by Gene Company

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Re: 25 marker results

          Originally posted by max
          For people with same surname, please look at:
          http://www.familytreedna.com/gdrules_12.html
          and
          http://www.familytreedna.com/gdrules_25.html

          for matches with different surnames, look here:
          http://www.familytreedna.com/trs_explain.html
          Max -

          Thanks!

          DeAnn

          Comment

          Working...
          X