Rare DNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare DNA

Yes I was wondering a few weeks ago I had a mtdna test run which took a while to get back the results because they had to run some more test to tell between rare Native American dna and European dna.Where I'm getting at is to this date, I still have not seen any match to anyone in the database and this has been at least 6 months or more any advice would help thank you.

Re: Rare DNA

Originally posted by coley50
    Yes I was wondering a few weeks ago I had a mtdna test run which took a while to get back the results because they had to run some more test to tell between rare Native American dna and European dna.Where I'm getting at is to this date, I still have not seen any match to anyone in the database and this has been at least 6 months or more any advice would help thank you.
    I can tell you that mtDNA matches occur more seldom than Y-DNA matches. In any case, if you want to share privately your kit#, I may learn more about your results to give you more information.
    Max Blankfeld
    Vice-President and COO @ Family Tree DNA
    A Gene by Gene Company

Comment

Yes my kit# is 7966 any advice would help so that way I can determine which test I need to do next Thanks.

Comment

As you know, your mtDNA does not show NA ancestry on a straight maternal line. Even though there are no matches for your results, Haplogroup H is a Haplogroup shared by many people. If I eliminate one mutation from your results, I can find a match (even though there's no significance at all to that match).
        Max Blankfeld
        Vice-President and COO @ Family Tree DNA
        A Gene by Gene Company

Comment

Working...
        X