Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whitkeen
    replied
    Is the match someone in the surname project? It sounded to me as though the match was someone who was in the database, but NOT inthe surname project, in which case, what good would contacting the Group Administrator do? Also, could georgemagnum change Public/Private setting to Public for his record, and would that allow the contact information?

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Re: Information Sharing for matches

Originally posted by georgemangum
    I just received my 12 market results . On the Y-DNA Matches there were none listed. However on the Recent Ethnic Origins (REO) page there was 1 exact match. Obviously this match did not sign the optional release form and I understand the confidentiality involved. Is there anyway FTDNA could contact this person on my behalf to share information either by their signing the release form or contacting me on a confidential basis. Also since I did sign the release form, would this person be notified of a "new" exact match and have the option of contacting me at my email address?
    Since the person that matched you did not sign a release form, I suggest you contact the Group Aministrator for your surname, who could help you with that information.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Information Sharing for matches

Information Sharing for matches

I just received my 12 market results . On the Y-DNA Matches there were none listed. However on the Recent Ethnic Origins (REO) page there was 1 exact match. Obviously this match did not sign the optional release form and I understand the confidentiality involved. Is there anyway FTDNA could contact this person on my behalf to share information either by their signing the release form or contacting me on a confidential basis. Also since I did sign the release form, would this person be notified of a "new" exact match and have the option of contacting me at my email address?
Working...
X