• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maria_W
    replied
    What?

Burto.
    Where does it say that AncestrybyDNA only goes back 5 generations. That makes a big difference.
    Maria

Leave a comment:

• burto
    replied
    Is the 2.5 test more recent and the Euro test more ancient? Reading different things it seems the 2.5 only goes back 5 generations but the Euro is ancient..anyone know how they worked this out?

Leave a comment:

• tomcat
    replied
    Yeah, why not check-out Tribes list of populations in their database? Am sure there are some that fit your known ancestry. Such matches would be more informative than just an 'east-west-north-south' Euro 1.0 reading.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• Maria_W
    replied
    Who to go with?

Well 100% European isn't specific to me either. If you take the Euro 1.0, I assume you could have 2-4 areas, unless you are 100% of a certain European area (like Northern Europe). If you take the Tribes you get specific countries and regions that you may or may not match too, but no percentages. Depends are what your looking for. Maria

Leave a comment:

• Downer101
    replied
    Im really confused, then again DNA testing is in its early form.. I should probably go with DNA tribes for more precision marks.. 100% is a little too vague..

Leave a comment:

• burto
    replied
    I'm not sure who to believe! The tribes scores seem a bit odd and the DNAP scores do seem generally to be accurate they just don't seem to be able to offer explanations into why those scores might appear! I think both have the science but they don't have the historical/anthropological knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• tomcat
    replied
    I think there is more detail to be had from the DNATribes offering and ancillary searches of the CODIS markers but look forward to hearing of your results.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• KerryODair
    replied
    Originally posted by Downer101
    Got me results from the ABDNA, and apparently im 100% Euro.. I heard this was so common, so I have to have the Euro 1.0 test..
    Get out the checkbook, here comes the fine print.

Leave a comment:

• Downer101
    started a topic Ancestry By DNA results

Ancestry By DNA results

Got me results from the ABDNA, and apparently im 100% Euro.. I heard this was so common, so I have to have the Euro 1.0 test..
Working...
X