Sarmatians DNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarmatians DNA

I came across this snippet regarding dna tests that were conducted on 15 Sarmatian skeletons found in a kurgan in Central-Asia. Is anyone familiar with article? Does anyone know what haplogroups the discovered haplotypes profiled?

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&cd=18

Originally posted by Zaleski
    I came across this snippet regarding dna tests that were conducted on 15 Sarmatian skeletons found in a kurgan in Central-Asia. Is anyone familiar with article? Does anyone know what haplogroups the discovered haplotypes profiled?

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&cd=18
    Joachim Burger Christine Weber, Martina Kirchner,
    Barbara Bramanti, Wolfgang Haak

Co-Worker: Peter Forster, Jeannine Davis-Kimball, Leonid Yablosnkij

Fifteen Kurgan skeletons of Central-Asian, Sarmatian, origin (400-200 BC) were investigated. The exceptional preservation conditions in the South-Russian steppe has led to the recovery of DNA in 14 of these 15 individuals. The haplotypes were compared to a database of more than 30,000 modern day individuals (in collaboration with Dr. Peter Forster, Cambridge) and led to the following conclusions:
    1. All 14 individuals show differing haplotypes which suggests an unexpectedly heterogeneous gene pool.
    2. Most of these haplotypes are rare in modern day populations of the same region.
    3. Most of the haplotypes are nowadays found in Europe, the Caucasus or around the Black Sea.
    4. Two individuals stem from a Middle-Age burial in the Kurgan and show haplotypes that nowadays are found in Arabic speaking countries.
    5. The burial with the highest status –according to grave goods- is female and shows a haplotype that is found in modern day East Asia.

err should i say it again the samaritians were keltoi from the sumarian area and they crossed the mts and went west. settling europe
    again science backs this up

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Denning
      err should i say it again the samaritians were keltoi from the sumarian area and they crossed the mts and went west. settling europe
      again science backs this up
      Your opinion. Again, is anyone farmiliar with the data presented in this document.

Comment

I seem to recall reading something about that.

I think they were only able to extract mtDNA for testing, unfortunately.

It would be cool to know what y-haplogroups were present, as well.

Comment

Working...
        X