2% East Asian, 98% Indo European.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2% East Asian, 98% Indo European.

My husband did his AncestryByDNA test: His results were 98% Indo European and 2% East Asian. He has done very little research on his family. So far he is German and English. He can either say it is noise, or he can accept the 2% and research it. Maria

Autsomal tests routinely turn up background levels of Asian DNA among some German populations.

http://www.kerchner.com/pa-gerdna.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Maria_W
      My husband did his AncestryByDNA test: His results were 98% Indo European and 2% East Asian. He has done very little research on his family. So far he is German and English. He can either say it is noise, or he can accept the 2% and research it. Maria
      I got 2% Sub-Sahara African. I do not know why but there has not been any Africans in my 300 year geneology, and no Africans have been seen in nothern Scandinavia until very recently so I do not care so much.

Noaide

Comment

If the human race started in Africa, there's some African and maybe even Asian in all of us.

Comment

Really?

Thats something I'll check out. So it might be true? Well, would like to research that. Now I remember Charles talking about that on his website. Maria

Comment

even though being Penn. Dutch Im still in the Euro ball game..

Comment

Originally posted by Maria_W
              Thats something I'll check out. So it might be true? Well, would like to research that. Now I remember Charles talking about that on his website. Maria
              You'll also find an item in Tribes blog archive about 'trace' Asian signatures in western Europe.

Tom

Comment

2% East Asian.

I'll do the research for him. he is just too busy lately to do it. We still have repairs that need done on our home since Katrina hit, 13 1/2 mos ago. If this is not recent Asian admixture, then? Maria

Comment

Working...
                X