No announcement yet.

African American DNA Tribes / ABD 2.5 Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that Tribes now offers an African Panel. Wonder if anyone has tried it and how you found it?

Tom

Comment

Sonia,
      Thanks for listening to all of my thoughts about my testing results. When I started all of this I never dreamed of the direction it would take me. It is difficult when you think you have finally found a means to discover someting about your ancestors only to be surprised by something totally unexpected. I will continue to search for as many answers as I can but will wait to do any more testing for a long long while. Databases have to grow and I have to be patient.
      Thanks again for taking the time to answer my posts.

PBJ

Comment

DNA Tribes, African Panel, & New Samples

Originally posted by tomcat
        I see that Tribes now offers an African Panel. Wonder if anyone has tried it and how you found it?

Tom
        Hi Tom,
        I just checked to see if the new samples at DNA Tribes included any additions from Sub-Saharan Africa, but there aren't. Even with the change in how they compute the algorithm I don't think it's worth doing an upgrade on Gram's results. I bet she'd just get more of the new India samples showing up.

I don't think an African Panel is going to tell me any more than what Omnipop has, since it looks like we're still dealing with only about 20% of Tribes' African samples being from areas that were more likely to have been involved in the transatlantic slave trade.

So like PBJ, I'm holding off for awhile. Afterall, we know how patient we genealogists can be. Remember the microfilm days at the Mormon Family History Centers? I'm also starting to help my brother-in-law with his recently learned Y hap of J1.

Comment

Working...
        X