Mle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mle

Can somebody explain MLE (most likely estimate) to me please and how one calculates this. I understand TMRCA but the calculation of the latter eludes me.

Cheers,
    Chris

Mle

Most likely estimate is used by AncestryByDNA . Their follow up test Euro 1.0. uses I beleive 325 markers and breakes down the Indo European and does the same with the MLE. AncestryByDna looks at 175 Ancestry Informative Markers . Then they compare your personal markers to each of 4 populations and how well you compare to them. There is Indo European, East Asian , Native American, Sub Saharran African. Each of these populations have have some markers that are more specific to that population. For instance my AncestryBy DNA test came back as MLE 10% Native American and 90% Indo European. (This to me means that they determined that 10% and 90% was my best estimate, but my score could be lower or higher on each group but it is less likely) It does not tell you which tribes or which countries that you share markers with. Maria

Comment

Mle

Thanks for your reply Maria,

MLE as I understand it is a term used by SMGF and refers to the the most likely estimated generation to which one is connected. It re this I was referring. Sorry if I misled you.
      Cheers,
      Chris

Comment

Not sure.

You did not misled, I missunderstood. I am not really familiar with the information you are asking for. Maybe some one else would be kind enough to answer your question. Maria

Comment

Working...
        X