Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full mtDNA sequence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Full mtDNA sequence

    Has anyone here had their mtDNA fully sequenced? Did you learn anything from it? Did you match anyone who also had their's fully sequenced?

  • #2
    Originally posted by R2-D2
    Has anyone here had their mtDNA fully sequenced? Did you learn anything from it? Did you match anyone who also had their's fully sequenced?
    Yes. It confirmed that I am in subclade K1c2 and that I have no medically-significant coding-region mutations. There are not many full-sequence tests published anywhere and most do not have any identifying information. Most people even hide their results from their project administrators. That's the default on your personal page. The only other known K1c2 with published results is identified only as "Moroccan Jew." Since K1c2 is not normally Moroccan nor Jewish, my theory is that some woman from the British Isles ended up in Portugal, where there are K1c's now. She was Jewish or became Jewish, then she or a maternal descendant was expelled around 1492 and went across to Morocco.

    Bill Hurst

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by R2-D2
      Has anyone here had their mtDNA fully sequenced? Did you learn anything from it? Did you match anyone who also had their's fully sequenced?
      I have had my mtDNA fully sequenced. Mine is haplogroup mtJ2. Out of 54 matches, no one else on my personal page was tested for their full mtDNA. I would not recommend this test unless two people are interested in it at the same time. I hope there will be a 3rd HVR test in the future, maybe? I have submitted my results to FTDNA for future research on haplogroup mtJ2. I have a question. What website you research your full mtDNA results for medical reference?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Richard Rauch
        I have had my mtDNA fully sequenced. Mine is haplogroup mtJ2. Out of 54 matches, no one else on my personal page was tested for their full mtDNA. I would not recommend this test unless two people are interested in it at the same time. I hope there will be a 3rd HVR test in the future, maybe? I have submitted my results to FTDNA for future research on haplogroup mtJ2. I have a question. What website you research your full mtDNA results for medical reference?
        Richard, you not need a "3rd HVR test." If anybody has taken the FTDNA mtDNAPlus (HVR1+HVR2) or mtDNARefine tests, you have tested for the mutations in the "HVR3" tests offered by other companies.

        To research your full-sequence results for medical implications is a very complicated process. I paid Ann Turner, the founder of the Genealogy-DNA mailing list, a small fee to analyze mine. Well worth it.

        Bill Hurst

        Comment


        • #5
          I posted this in a similar thread a bit ago, http://www.jogg.info/12/Logan.pdf

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bill Hurst
            Richard, you not need a "3rd HVR test." If anybody has taken the FTDNA mtDNAPlus (HVR1+HVR2) or mtDNARefine tests, you have tested for the mutations in the "HVR3" tests offered by other companies.

            To research your full-sequence results for medical implications is a very complicated process. I paid Ann Turner, the founder of the Genealogy-DNA mailing list, a small fee to analyze mine. Well worth it.

            Bill Hurst
            Bill, what is Ann Turner's email address? -Richard

            Comment


            • #7
              Temporary Price reduction

              Hey! In celebration of the opening of a new lab they have reduced the price of the full mtDNA sequence test for the next 100 people. Actually 99 cause I just ordered it. It was like, less than half price! What timing!

              Comment


              • #8
                The way thing are going, it will probably only take about two years to get results....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by marvallen
                  The way thing are going, it will probably only take about two years to get results....

                  argusbio.com has started lab testing also.
                  time will tell

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You can also order SuperDNA* $739

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What is super DNA?

                      Can you tell me about super DNA? Nevermind I should have looked on front page. Found out. Maria
                      Last edited by Maria_W; 22nd September 2006, 11:25 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by marvallen
                        The way thing are going, it will probably only take about two years to get results....
                        I got my SuperDNA results a few days shy of 2 months. New customer, apparently awesome cheek scrape. Now, once I got my first y-12 markers, I ordered a DeepSNP. They still have couple more weeks till the due date, but I'm still hopeful.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Super DNA

                          Originally posted by Jukka
                          You can also order SuperDNA* $739
                          Hello,

                          Or is it Soup-DNA?

                          Nas,one day Super...the other day not.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Paulie
                            I got my SuperDNA results a few days shy of 2 months. New customer, apparently awesome cheek scrape. Now, once I got my first y-12 markers, I ordered a DeepSNP. They still have couple more weeks till the due date, but I'm still hopeful.
                            Most of my results came in on time... The only exception has been the R1b Deep SNP which is now infamous among R1b's. Most of the markers come in on time except for two: M37 and P66. Mine are 2 1/2 months late and there are people that ordered long before I did who are still waiting. Wouldn't it be ironic if I got my additional 16,000 mtDNA markers before my SNP?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              All the rest of my results were a couple of weeks early also. However the DSNP-I is over a month past due with "promises" of only a "couple of weeks(months) more for "re-runs".

                              Having been an analytical research chemist for over thirty years, it appears, imo, to perhaps have been a serious "methods" failure with their techniques.....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X