Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full MTDNA Sequence

Hi,

I recently got my results back from the full sequence test, and was wondering more about what the mutations tell me in that part of the coding region. Here are my HVR1, HVR2, and the CR results.

HVR1 Haplogroup
    HV*

HVR1 differences

from CRS
    16217C

16311C

HVR2 differences

from CRS
    152C

263G

309.1C

315.1C

CR differences from CRS

750G
    1438G
    2706G
    3915A
    4769G

7028T
    8860G
    8994A
    14142T
    15326G

James

The CR region can be used for many things, medical, family history, ancient history. It can also help you to better classifiy your halpogroup. In the future, as more people are tested, further genealogical studies will be done. Many medical people need additional studies to talk publically about genes and people.

Comment

What does it show?

James.
      So this is the full 900.00 test. I was wondering how it was different from the mtDNAPlus which includes the HVR1 and HVR2 test already. What does the extra mutations tell you . I see that you are Haplogroup HV*. Where does that come from? So this can tell you about medical issues? What is cr difference from crs stand for. Would apprecaite any information you can give me. Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Maria_W
        James.
        So this is the full 900.00 test. I was wondering how it was different from the mtDNAPlus which includes the HVR1 and HVR2 test already. What does the extra mutations tell you . I see that you are Haplogroup HV*. Where does that come from? So this can tell you about medical issues? What is cr difference from crs stand for. Would apprecaite any information you can give me. Maria
        Maria, the HVR or control region is about 1143 bases. The full-sequence test adds the remainder of the full 16,569 bases in mtDNA. That's called the coding region (CR), which contains all of mtDNA's genes. So only the CR has medical implications. CR mutations, since they mutate at a slower rate than HVR mutations, are used to determine haplogroups and subclades. FTDNA now looks at about 20 CR mutations to determine your haplogroup, but they don't tell you exactly what they find; they just tell you your haplogroup. (See also my posts on a recent similar thread.)

Bill Hurst

Comment

Here's an example article around medical info in mtDNA: http://www.jogg.info/12/Logan.pdf

Comment

Working...
          X