No announcement yet.

How to read Omnipop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Mum has D8 13 and I'm picking up Native American too...(says Yay in a little voice....I might have found something) similarly with FGA.

Comment

00.00e

Originally posted by Ithamar4

I downloaded omnipop recently trying to compare results with DNA Tribes, and if I understand correctly when the numbers are low is showing greater affinities to a region or population group, but what if the numbers are 00.00E, the lowest you can go, what does this mean?
      Does it mean, these (00.00E) are no results or this is showing the closest matches?

Thanks!
      I was reading the posts here so I could figure out my results. There are a lot of 00.00E in my results also, my question is the same as yours. I can not find an answer to that query in the posts. Did you ever find out which it means, ie. closest match or no match ?
      Thanks. evbdv

Comment

one line

Originally posted by Sonia
        Thanks for posting this information, Burto. One of the things I like about Omnipop is that you can put in one line of alleles and then the other. It still doesn't help me clarify much out of Gram's unusual DNA Tribes results, but I'm starting to see some clustering showing greater odds (if you can call them greater when your talking about 1 in such huge numbers) among certain populations. Based on Gram's descriptions of her parents, I'm almost convinced I know which line of alleles came from each parent. Her dad may have been very dark skinned, but I'm still seeing some other mixing in there.
        Do you mean one line and calculate and then the other line and calculate ? I could not do this. I could not clear the values from one side, this box came up with " pick from the values listed ". So what'd ja mean & how'd ja do it ?

Thanks. evbdv

Comment

You can clear the field of cells that contain the allele values (do not clear locus names, D3 etc.) by selecting field with mouse and choosing Clear from Menu Bar.

Then you can enter individual allele values or any assortment of alleles values and determine their frequencies.

Although your allele report may show alleles in columns headed by Amelogenin results (X,X or X,Y) there is no telling from which parent those alleles came (e.g. all the alleles in the Y column did not come from Dad).

The organization of the report arises from reporting conventions; a report for a male always is expressed as X,Y never Y,X and numerically smaller alleles are always given first as 10,12 never 12,10.

Comment

how do I understand my markers, when my autosomal markers don't seem possible with my haplogroup?

Comment

Originally posted by evbdv
              I was reading the posts here so I could figure out my results. There are a lot of 00.00E in my results also, my question is the same as yours. I can not find an answer to that query in the posts. Did you ever find out which it means, ie. closest match or no match ?
              Thanks. evbdv
              Omnipop automatically gives results in order of 'most likely to less likely' from top of list down, except in the following instance -

A 00.00 result indicates Omnipop does not have data for the allele(s) entered for the population indicated by 00.00. 00.00 results are always at the top of the list and you need to scroll down the list until you come to positive numbers.

The greatest number of population datasets in Omnipop are based on the 9 'green cell' markers; D3, D5, D7, D8, D13, D18, D21, FGA and vWA. If you enter alleles for loci other than this basic set you will get 00.00 results at the top of the list and will find positive results further down the list.

Comment

Originally posted by mari
                how do I understand my markers, when my autosomal markers don't seem possible with my haplogroup?
                Y and Mt haplogroups represent your deep ancestry along strictly maternal and/or paternal lines. Autosomal results represent recent ancestry. Your autosomal profile is a random assortment of markers you inherited from your two parents that descends from random assortments they received from their parents, your grandparents.

Unless the ancestry represented by Y or Mt haplogroups was recent, came from a contemporaneous population for whom autosomal results are available, you cannot expect your autosomal profile to be congruent with one or both of your parental haplogroups.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by tomcat
                  Omnipop automatically gives results in order of 'most likely to less likely' from top of list down, except in the following instance -

A 00.00 result indicates Omnipop does not have data for the allele(s) entered for the population indicated by 00.00. 00.00 results are always at the top of the list and you need to scroll down the list until you come to positive numbers.

The greatest number of population datasets in Omnipop are based on the 9 'green cell' markers; D3, D5, D7, D8, D13, D18, D21, FGA and vWA. If you enter alleles for loci other than this basic set you will get 00.00 results at the top of the list and will find positive results further down the list.
                  This is really helpful and I will try it now. One more question, on the ESFIN? I don't have values for some loci?, ie. there is D2 and D21 also, are there D values for Penta D & E ?
                  Thanks, evbdv

Comment

For full ENFSI compliance you need results for D2 and D19. They are available from FTDNA on Autosomal Panel 2 and can be individually ordered if you already have a sample at FTDNA.

Omnipop has limited data for Penta D and E. But you can do your own research on them and all alleles at -
                    http://www.uni-duesseldorf.de/WWW/Me.../database.html

You can also open a free account and post alleles in a matching database (Amatch) at -
                    www.dna-fingerprint.com

Comment

Originally posted by tomcat
                      For full ENFSI compliance you need results for D2 and D19. They are available from FTDNA on Autosomal Panel 2 and can be individually ordered if you already have a sample at FTDNA.

Omnipop has limited data for Penta D and E. But you can do your own research on them and all alleles at -
                      http://www.uni-duesseldorf.de/WWW/Me.../database.html

You can also open a free account and post alleles in a matching database (Amatch) at -
                      www.dna-fingerprint.com
                      I do have a free account at dna-fingerprint. I posted my values and submitted them and it looked like nothing happened ? I'll try that again. Anywho, I cann't find a menu bar or a "clear" option to choose on omnipop, might I be doing something incorrectly ? Thank you for the link from dna-fingerprint to research Penta D & E. I'd looked through before and really did not understand what it might be useful for, I'll reinvestigate. I keep looking and reading posts and websites and little by little some of this is making a bit more sense
                      Thanks, evbdv

Comment

Originally posted by evbdv
                        I do have a free account at dna-fingerprint. I posted my values and submitted them and it looked like nothing happened ? I'll try that again. Anywho, I cann't find a menu bar or a "clear" option to choose on omnipop, might I be doing something incorrectly ? Thank you for the link from dna-fingerprint to research Penta D & E. I'd looked through before and really did not understand what it might be useful for, I'll reinvestigate. I keep looking and reading posts and websites and little by little some of this is making a bit more sense
                        Thanks, evbdv
                        Clear All is under Edit or File on Excel menu bar.

Comment

Quite a difference

Thank you tomcat,
                          Cleared all values for loci on Omnipop.
                          I did each side seperately. The values on the left side, (would they be from my mother or my father ? or could be either ? ) no 00.00s & printed 3 and 3/4 pages of populations with #s. The E+ are from E+04 to E+09. What does that mean ? Is E+04 = to 000,000,000,000 ? Why would the lowest decimal indicate more of a match ? I would think most common to least common would mean the E+ 0#, but what do I know ? I am confused as to how to read any meaning into these numbers and groups. The values on the right side and both sides together produced 3 pages of 00.00s and 2/3 page of #s and populations. Values with right side go fromE+06 to E+09, values from both sides together are E+19 to E+25. I am a mutt. I responded to another of your posts but can not remember which thread it was on so I don't know if you've answered. It concerned swaping autosomal values and family lore of indian ancestry. I am going tracking now, looking for that thread.
                          evbdv

Comment

Working...
                          X