• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Victor
    • Jan 2005

Done

Jeff and Bob,

I totally agree. A well deserved THANK YOU! to John Freeman for all his hard work and efforts.

And thank you for expressing your support for the new project coordinators. Please remember that I'm not alone in this. Bill Harvey, Jeff Scism and I have teamed up to keep the project well oiled and running. This is definitely much more that a one man show!

However, I request that you be patient with us while we put our brains to work and come up with a plan and then apply it. We'll probably be contacting each one of you, or rather those who have enabled the option to allow emails from the project administrators in their personal pages, and informing you of how things are moving along.

This is a good time for all E3b project participants to enrich us with your ideas and opinions. In all honesty, we can't extend a warranty that we'll be able to satisfy every petition but we'll try to do whatever is within our reach.

Please keep using this same forum and thread to deal with everything related to the projects phase 2, until further notice. Thanks again.

Best wishes!

Victor

Comment

• robe3b
      FTDNA Customer
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Victor
      25-marker haplotype diagrams:

37-marker haplotype diagrams:

------
      Victor
      It seems to me that these 37-markers diagrams have changed in some way, since the first time I saw them. Does anybody agree with me?

Comment

• KerryODair
        FTDNA Customer
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by robe3b
        It seems to me that these 37-markers diagrams have changed in some way, since the first time I saw them. Does anybody agree with me?
        On the 37 marker, look at Median joining network diagram. I think maybe this is the older format you are refering to. On this diagram for 37 markers there are certainly four distinct groupings.

Comment

• robe3b
          FTDNA Customer
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by KerryODair
          On the 37 marker, look at Median joining network diagram. I think maybe this is the older format you are refering to. On this diagram for 37 markers there are certainly four distinct groupings.
          Thanks for your help, Kerry, but it was the 37-markers phylogram what I had in mind.

Comment

• robe3b
            FTDNA Customer
            • Nov 2005

Thanks for your help, Kerry, but it was the 37-markers phylogram what I had in mind.
            I think that the E3b Project members were identified by their subhaplogroups, with coloured points, in the phylogram, I mean.
            R.

Comment

• Jim Denning
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jaken24
              Victor,
              I have been so appreciative of the work that John has done, though I must admit this DNA stuff is all Greek to me. I am disappointed that John is stepping down, but I completely understand how much time a well run project can consume. Thanks ever so much John, enjoy your retirement. )
              I know nothing about DNA so a vote of confidence from me is anything but scholastic, however; a vote of confidence is what you get. Thanks Victor.

Jeff Stewart

Very few project have reached a point where you can actually do stuff. this will happen when reach the million point. and projects have a couple of hundred people . now its just too early to know what a line really is. but these projects are big to start and thats why i think a team with one leader is preferable imagine 600,000 e3bs

Comment

• Victor
                • Jan 2005

I think that the E3b Project members were identified by their subhaplogroups, with coloured points, in the phylogram, I mean.
                R.
                robe3b, at the bottom of the page there's a link to some older diagrams. It is very likely that you were surfing around and got to the previous diagram which indeed has coloured circles.

Currently the application I'm using to draw the phylograms and trees doesn't have a way to automatically color each branch by haplotype, so that has to be done with another graphics editor one by one, which lately has become more time consuming.

In the near future I plan to explore using other software applications with expanded features to simplify the process of generating these diagrams.

And don't worry! We're not loosing our minds! <yet>

Victor

Comment

Working...
                X