E3b diagrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew M
    You'll get my vote, Victor. I enjoy your drawings that show up every little while that show how numbers from project members relate to each other. In the coming months I hope to contrubute with more markers.

I see the future of DNA testing as becoming huge soon (I myself have conviced a few people to join the Genographic Project) and can see it being exhausting to keep up with. I agree that including E* and E3* might become unweildy very quickly. Who knows, maybe soon anything beyond E3b1 and its soon to be discovered divisions might be too much...

What I see as the ideal description of this project is, to quote Blackadder, "Broad in vision, narrow in purpose."

we dont vote
    you have to want it that was freedmans mistake he tought the work was to be contributeed to

this is volunteer all the way and alot of work its who would take it.\

and a project like this needs more then one man or woman

thats why i suggested that the new jewish project work with jon.
    maybe 4-5 guys who can do different things some science some web pages and graphics and some to sell participation to people
    maybe some typist which is what i desperatly need for all my projects

elected people are more likely to walk away

Comment

New Management

Victor:

I think you would be an ideal replacement for John Freeman who, not incidentally, is deserving of our collective thanks for his good work.

You have been a wonderful source of information and a patient help to me personally and many others as well. In my opinion you also have the requisite knowledge of the subject, organizational skills and online demeanor to be an effective administrator. There are only a handful of folks I've encountered who fit that description. Please do it.

I also believe it would be better to limit the scope of the project to include E3b and its sub clades only. At some point in the future that will happen in any event given the current size of the group. This is an appropriate time to re-organize along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Denning
        we dont vote
        you have to want it that was freedmans mistake he tought the work was to be contributeed to

this is volunteer all the way and alot of work its who would take it.\

and a project like this needs more then one man or woman

thats why i suggested that the new jewish project work with jon.
        maybe 4-5 guys who can do different things some science some web pages and graphics and some to sell participation to people
        maybe some typist which is what i desperatly need for all my projects

elected people are more likely to walk away
        Jim Dennings’s point of view seems to be sound, to a certain extent. We don’t need a democratically elected project administrator, but someone who has the time, the necessary abilities and the will to act as such.

Nevertheless, I think that Victor is not asking for a plebiscitarian vote. As a kind, considerate and helpful person he is, he probably only wants to be assured that the majority of members of the E3b Project agree with the proposal of choosing him as the new project administrator. No doubt, he’s our best choice.

Roberto

Comment

Originally posted by Victor
          Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and ideas. If you have a way of contacting other E3b members, please ask them to express their opinions in this forum regarding John Freeman's notice.

I would like to wait a day or two to allow other voices to be heard (read) and then get in touch with John to organize a transition.

If everything works all right we can organize a small team and plan/decide together what improvements we can implement for the project.

Victor

do you want it?

Comment

Request for 2 coordinators

Gracias, Roberto. And thanks to All for your comments.

I have already contacted John Freeman via email and he responded positively to my petition to transfer the project coordination.

A Cc. was also sent to FTDNA to keep them informed of John Freeman's decision and they have already given the green light for this change. Before we do that, I would like to request 2 volunteers to act as coordinators.

I would like to publicly invite Bill Harvey and Jeff Scism to colaborate with me. If Bill and Jeff accept the invitation and there's no objection from other members I will submit their names so FTDNA can change the projects setup for us.

In case they can not participate as coordinators in the E3b projecct I would appreciate other proposals from you. Your responses and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Regards!

Victor

Comment

I would like to publicly invite Bill Harvey and Jeff Scism to colaborate with me. If Bill and Jeff accept the invitation and there's no objection from other members I will submit their names so FTDNA can change the projects setup for us.
              Hi Victor,
              Thanks for the invitation. I would personally be delighted to colaborate with you on the project.

Slainte,
              Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by slumbuzzle
                Hi Victor,
                Thanks for the invitation. I would personally be delighted to colaborate with you on the project.

Slainte,
                Jeff
                Great, it's going to be fun and exciting!!!!

Comment

Gracias, Roberto. And thanks to All for your comments.

I have already contacted John Freeman via email and he responded positively to my petition to transfer the project coordination.

A Cc. was also sent to FTDNA to keep them informed of John Freeman's decision and they have already given the green light for this change. Before we do that, I would like to request 2 volunteers to act as coordinators.

In case they can not participate as coordinators in the E3b projecct I would appreciate other proposals from you. Your responses and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Regards!

Victor
                  I take that as a yeah good lick vic

Comment

Originally posted by slumbuzzle
                    Hi Victor,

Slainte,
                    Jeff
                    Hi Jeff,

Glad to read your reply. Things now seem to be shifting smoothly. We just need to hear from Bill and then I'll contact Mr. Greenspan so he can help us updating the E3b project.

This forum is still the best place to openly discuss about the project so everyone gets a chance to input their opinions and comments. If everything goes well, we will then send an announcement to all members and inform them of the changes.

Victor

@Roberto, I hope we can put a little more excitement or something into the project.

Comment

My use of the term "vote" was meant in the sense of a "vote of confidence." I wanted to use an expression that meant I felt something stronger than an "OK" or the neutral-negative "whatever."

I not only have no objections but am pleased with the makeup of the team of Victor, Bill and Jeff that has been proposed to lead the E3b project.

You wouldn't want me to lead out. I'd probably make the site one big link to Egyptancestry--then duck.

Comment

Glad to help out Victor

Hi Jeff,

Glad to read your reply. Things now seem to be shifting smoothly. We just need to hear from Bill and then I'll contact Mr. Greenspan so he can help us updating the E3b project.

This forum is still the best place to openly discuss about the project so everyone gets a chance to input their opinions and comments. If everything goes well, we will then send an announcement to all members and inform them of the changes.

Victor

@Roberto, I hope we can put a little more excitement or something into the project.

Victor it will be a pleasure to help as much as I am able - keep in mind I am an old geezer - DNA was publicly announced after I was out of High School and everyday use of computers was essentially still a far off vision.

I look forward to working with you and thank you for stepping up as our new head E3b guru.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Harvey
                          Victor it will be a pleasure to help as much as I am able - keep in mind I am an old geezer - DNA was publicly announced after I was out of High School and everyday use of computers was essentially still a far off vision.

I look forward to working with you and thank you for stepping up as our new head E3b guru.

Bill
                          Thanks, Bill. There's much more to life than being a computer geek. And thanks for the "guru" compliment. In my dreams I can only aspire to that title! This is a learnig experience for me too.

As soon as I have any news or confirmation from FTDNA I'll let you know.

Victor

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M
                            My use of the term "vote" was meant in the sense of a "vote of confidence." I wanted to use an expression that meant I felt something stronger than an "OK" or the neutral-negative "whatever."

I not only have no objections but am pleased with the makeup of the team of Victor, Bill and Jeff that has been proposed to lead the E3b project.

You wouldn't want me to lead out. I'd probably make the site one big link to Egyptancestry--then duck.
                            Thanks for your support, Andrew. Actually, we're going to need all the leads that you can provide us with! Your vantage point is very valuable.

Victor

Comment

Victor,
                              I have been so appreciative of the work that John has done, though I must admit this DNA stuff is all Greek to me. I am disappointed that John is stepping down, but I completely understand how much time a well run project can consume. Thanks ever so much John, enjoy your retirement. )
                              I know nothing about DNA so a vote of confidence from me is anything but scholastic, however; a vote of confidence is what you get. Thanks Victor.

Jeff Stewart

Comment

A Salute to John Freeman

Originally posted by jaken24
                                Victor,
                                I have been so appreciative of the work that John has done, though I must admit this DNA stuff is all Greek to me. I am disappointed that John is stepping down, but I completely understand how much time a well run project can consume. Thanks ever so much John, enjoy your retirement. )
                                I know nothing about DNA so a vote of confidence from me is anything but scholastic, however; a vote of confidence is what you get. Thanks Victor.

Jeff Stewart

I AGREE WITH JEFF! Here is a SALUTE to John Freeman for a job well done.
                                Thanks, Bob (N2386)

Comment

Working...
                                X