X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maria_W
    replied
    Just did daughters dna....

One of my daughters is visiting for awhile after her grandfathers(my father) death. She had already planned on comming before her grandfathers death so I ordered it when she got here. She is really excited about DNA testing and genealogy now. I just did her ABDNA test. Will get it out in the mail next couple of days. Be interesting to see what her admixture is. Later I will do my other daughter and grandaughter. She had to go back home to my precious grandaughter! Then my brothers and sister. Can't wait...

Maria

Leave a comment:

• Maria_W
    replied
    What is your problem?

Since you quoted my responce, I assume you have issue with what I posted. What is the problem? What didn't you like? As you well know the purpose of the test is to capture "ALL" dna from the beginning of the Universe till now. No matter what our ancestors ethnic group is. One ethnic group is not better than the other. The reality is, I am mixed. Plain and simple. European and Native American. I let your Native American remake slide but be carefull my father just died and my patience is running thin!

Maria

Leave a comment:

• Maria_W
    replied
    Autosomal confirmation....

I did the autosomal dna tests for the purpose of finding out about my ethnic mix. It confirmed the oral and written records of my Native American and my European heritage! The ABDNA 2.5 confirmed the 10% Native American(Potowomecke) and the 90% European(English, Irish, Scottish, French, German, ect.)
    Maria

Leave a comment:

• Jambalaia32
    replied
    Autosomal Value

Me, my family isn't Ashkenazi and Sephardic per say, but all the odd little genes can land on the family's individual children and then they aren't the closest of friends--that's my uneducated theory from observation.

Leave a comment:

• Jambalaia32
    replied
    Autosomal benefits

Living in America where race is always a question as well as a mystery ,I just had to know what I had in me so I could know what I really am and how much of something I have. I don't want to be misinformed. I know we are all people,all human,but people come in differnet types,and some folks are violent about it and I'd like to know where I stand. I don't always get along with family members who are the same haplogrp. as me,and it may be that they have different autosomal arrangements from me and are more one ethnicity than the other-I know they can come out looking different. It's probably more common in groups with admixture where some of the same family come out Ashkenazi and some come out sephardic for example-it could happen.

Leave a comment:

• Jambalaia32
    replied
    Autosomals serve some purpose

Originally posted by Stevo
    Has anyone noticed a trend in this particular forum?

Maybe its name should be changed to The Autosomal Zone?

Personally, I don't have much faith in autosomal testing.

It's only good for a few generations back, and the results seem contradictory and, frankly, bizarre.

I am sure I will be castigated for saying that, but that's my opinion, anyway.
    I don't think you should get so upset. I don't see autosomal DNA transplanting the main forms of DNA,but it enlightens and is another facet of DNA research. I need to ask some autosomal questions,but you don't have to ask or read them,if you feel it doesn't apply to you.DNA should be used to answer you questions-one of mine was what is my racial content,how much of each tribe I have? I thought of that question,no one forced me.My inquiring mind wants to know-I wanna know what I have. It's Science.

Leave a comment:

• haplogroupc
    replied
    Originally posted by LernerTzvi

- I have three Jewish grandparents that originate from Poland/Ukraine/Russia, and one non-Jewish grandparent from Germany. For my Omnipop results, here is what I scored based on the Jewish database: [Jewish (52) 2.30E+14]. Does this mean I am not closely related to the Jews in the database?

- Portugal/Hispanic appears to be common in my results for Omnipop and ENSFI. I have no tradition of my recent ancestors living in Spain or Portugal. The only possibility for this is Jews fled to Eastern Europe after the Spanish Expulsion in 1492 and married Ashkenazis. Or my non-Jewish German grandma has other heritage that I don’t know about.
    Your results are similar to my mom's results. She got several Portugese and Polish matches as her top scores in Omnipop. She also has 1 Andalusians. These are also the scores she gets in DNA Tribes. I suspect Jewish ancestry on her maternal side because her mother's surname supposedly originates in Israel. Maybe you're right about the Sephardic and Ashkenazi Jewish connection. Maybe they really were originally from Spain and they fled to Eastern Europe or vice versa for my family.

Leave a comment:

• jaynegen
    replied
    Autosomal results

I just got my autosomal results except for two markers on Friday and here are my results with ENFSI:

1. Denmark 1.13E-11
    2. Estonia 6.61E-12
    3. Czech Republic 5.37E-12
    4. Portugal 3.98E-12
    5. Sweden 3.29E-12
    6. Netherlands 3.04E-12
    7. Poland 3.02E-12
    8. Germany 2.92E-12
    9. Austria 2.74E-12
    10. Norway 2.70E-12
    11. France/Lille 2.67E-12
    12. Spain 2.65E-12
    13. North Ireland 2.44E-12
    14. Ireland 2.43E-12
    15. Scotland/Glasgow 2.38E-12
    16. Slovenia 1.97E-12
    17. Croatia 1.79E-12
    18. Italy 1.73E-12
    19. France/Toulouse 1.68E-12
    20. England/Wales 1.35E-12
    21. Finland 1.25E-12
    22. Belgium 1.10E-12
    23. Scotland/Dundee 1.01E-12
    24. Switzerland 6.95E-13

I thought I was German and Norwegian!

Leave a comment:

• Maria_W
    replied
    Actual numbers...

Would you mind telling us what your actual numbers are?

Maria

Leave a comment:

• rainbow
    replied
    In my case I tested with AncestryByDna because I wondered if I could have 2% or 3% of Mongolian or Hun ancestry on my fathers side. I am 1/4 Czech. I had read that many East Europeans get 10% East Asian on their tests. Since I'm 1/4 East European (or Central Euro, cold war is over), I thought maybe a small 2.5% would show up on my test. My result was 83% European, and a whopping 17% Native American.
    I then tested with DNA Tribes because I wanted to know what 'tribe' I was descended from, but I have NO Amerind matches. However, most of the matches I do have match my known ancestry on my mothers side, even the distant Swiss & Syrian. If DNA Tribes can pick up distant Syrian & Swiss they surely must be able to pick up 17% Native American, but they picked up nothing. I have no Amerind matches.
    My mom had zero Native American.
    The 17 % Native American result of mine means that AncestryByDna says that my white paternal grandmother is actually mostly Amerind. My paternal grandmothers family has been in New York & New Jersey for nearly 400 years, of Dutch/English (& French names of Latourette & Bruneal) .
    DNA Tribes matches me to Flemish, which is the same thing as Dutch.
    *if you are wondering, I already had a paternity test years ago.

Top 20 matches

Portugal
    Central Portugal
    Northeast Spain
    Portugal (yes, again)
    Denmark
    Flemish
    Ireland
    Piemonte, Italy
    Bosnian Mountain Villages
    Syria
    Morocco
    Flemish (yes, again)
    Northern Ireland
    Dundee, Scotland
    Flemish (Belgium)
    Switzerland
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Southern Tunisia
    Extremadura, Spain
    Lille, France

Last edited by rainbow; 9 September 2007, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• marvallen
    replied
    In trying to follow some of the logic(?) in previous posts, I've come to the conclusion that someone needs to clean out their pipe and change there smoking materials....

Leave a comment:

• MMaddi
    replied
    Originally posted by tomcat
    I quote myself. I hate to do it but sometimes a re-citation is called for ...
    And Tomcat says that I'm the one on a power trip, posting just so that people will read my posts. I think he needs to look in the mirror!

Leave a comment:

• tomcat
    replied
    Originally posted by MMaddi
    ,,,Maybe the power trip is yours because you think you're the one who can tell everyone what their autosomal results mean...

Have i done that? Or, where's the proof/

Leave a comment:

• tomcat
    replied
    Originally posted by tomcat
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. It is all about space above the fold. It is all about having YOUR post on YOUR favorite topic at the top of the page (because no one reads). And while that post may deserve EVERYONE'S attention, unfortunately, there seem to be more committed posters on issues autosomal than there are on issues dear to the hearts of Marvallan, MMaddi and Stevo.

Just ask yourself; what IS IT that these detractors of autosomal testing wish you to do? The only answer is; they do not want you to post. So this is not about freedom of speech it is about YOUR according primacy to the above, because anything you have to say about autosomal testing is worthless, because autosomal testing is worthless.

Simple.
    I quote myself. I hate to do it but sometimes a re-citation is called for ...

Leave a comment:

• Maria_W
    replied
    Geez!

I am too tired and depressed to fight this out. I said that I was sorry. Maria

Leave a comment:

Working...
X