No announcement yet.

Tribes scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating means re-running under improved algorithm against enhanced db. Could result in new Native, Global and World matches and refined scores. The actual allelic profile in each .pdf ought not change as they are supposed to be from an individual - they have not been presented as modal, only representative.

Comment

• I don't seem to match any population too much
      Maybe that is the problem..
      My highest match as Maria describes it is Scottish..12 alleles in common..but isn't it the whole package that they "read"?Or do they read them individually?

I had 9 matches with German and 8 with Portugese and Lumbee..
      Not much of anything..
      I am waiting for them to "Update" that was done 11/11 and I did an update then..

They supposedly will have Evencks then..Siberian even though Lucas says it is primarily East Asian/Chinese..

ALSO while I am remembering..I re-read parts of Spencer Wells "Journey of Man" and he says that the last wave from Siberia to America came by boat 10,000 years ago after Beringia was submerged and culturally, Eskimo-Aleut is a subset of Siberian clan which carries M242..

??
      Maybe I fit in there..
      With so many Irish near ancestors I would think I have some sort of pattern that is echoing..maybe from Greenland( Aleut) and back to Iceland and back to the Irish Sea area that I picked up in my autosome..
      Dunno

Comment

• Link..for Maria et al.

By the way..I was given this link to download Excel and other parts of Microsoft that I did not have..it was free and easy..without it I Could not have accessed OMNIPOP..
        The official home page of the Apache OpenOffice open source project, home of OpenOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw and Base.

and it of course is called Open Office..my ISP provider told me about it..
        one of the few small perks for living in East Bumble*** NC..they have time to help you with stuff..

Kathleen the former Jersey Girl

Comment

• My match to selected sample.pdf's
          15 common alleles incl. 3 marker pairs with TURKISH
          14 common alleles incl. 3 marker pairs with BELORUSSIAN
          13 common alleles incl. 3 marker pairs with GERMAN
          13 common alleles incl. 2 marker pairs with SALVADORAN
          12 common alleles incl. 3 marker pairs with ASHKENAZI
          12 common alleles incl. 2 marker pairs with TUSCANY
          11 common alleles with no marker pairs with INUPIAT
          10 common alleles incl. 1 marker pair with APACHE
          9 common alleles with no marker air with OJIBWE

Actual Tribes matches
          Native/Global-Liguria 4.7
          Native/Global-Turkish 3.6
          Global-Salvadoran 3.2
          Inupiat 0.037
          Apache 0.010
          Ojibwe 0.00

Comment

• Tom,

Those seem like a very high cluster of matches! 15 on Turkish is more than you would get if that particular Turk was one of your parents!

(That is a nice symmetry, for that reason, that you match Askenazi on 12). The Tribes algorithm must be more impressive than I thought to be able to sort through such results and portray them rather differently.

Comment

• What I meant

Originally posted by tomcat
              I think we ought not regard 'implausible' matches or multiple 'minor' matches as evidence of actual admixture - that any of us, except those with documentation of such, are Sino-Tibetan or Native Austalian. Rather, I think we get those those matches because in some way our allelic profile 'looks like' that of Sino-Tibetans or Native Australian. I also don't find the proffered explanation of 'ancient' affinities very satisfying.

'It's the autosome, Jake.' (Stuff happens).
              Tom,
              What I meant is something like what you wrote above. I was thinking that my Euro-Australian Aboriginal Tribes match doesn't mean that I possess Aust. Abor. ethnicity (of which I have no known ancestry). But this match seems to support that I have mixed Euro-NonEuro ancestry, as my Tribes and DNA Print tests show.
              Judy

Comment

• I also matched 11 markers with 2 marker pairs with Romany/Gypsy..

Gypsy I would understand..my Irish great grandmother had the "sight' supposedly as did her granddaughter who was my grandmother,my Mom Sister & I have a lot of dreams that come true..

They were the darker of all my relatives..Mom, Retta her Mom who died quite young(and accurately predicted a blizzard at her funeral) and their family..

That is my J2 mtDNA and I have 4 matches..all from Scotland/Ireland Irish Sea area who report the same look, experiences and THEY say their Great great was reportedly Gypsy..they gave a surname which is not one I recognize..
                That would not surprise me

Comment

• Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow
                  I also matched 11 markers with 2 marker pairs with Romany/Gypsy...
                  Match 13 alleles incl. 3 marker pairs with ROMANY. Must be Irish.

Comment

• Maybe this could explain my matches in Nepal and northern India:

A book about the roots of the Finns mentions an Iron Age trade route that started in Scandinavia/Northwestern Europe and ended in India. It says that seashells that were used as money in India have been found in women's necklaces in western Finland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maria_W
                      Went to DNA Tribes website and decided to open up the updated population samples. I compared my x x markers with theirs and this is what I came up with. Each number is the amount of markers that are in common.

German 12 Well my last name is German.
                      Italian, Tuscany 11
                      Santa Catarina, Brazil 10
                      Askanazi Jew 9
                      Belrussian 8
                      Romany 8
                      Scottish 8
                      Portuguese 7
                      Singapore 7
                      California Caucasian 7
                      Lumbee 6
                      Saudi Arabia 6
                      Salvadorian 6
                      Berber 6
                      Satnami Central India 6
                      Hutu Rwanda 6
                      African American 5
                      Phillipines 5
                      Turkish 5
                      Apache 4
                      Hispanic 4
                      Korean 3
                      Caracus Venezula 3
                      Ojibwa 2
                      Inupiat 2

So that take alot of time!
                      Maria
                      Hi Maria,
                      Sorry to sound thick but when you say your x x markers, do you mean your actual x x results or the CODIS one from Tribes? If it's CODIS, have you just compared your markers to those populations?

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat
                        Match 13 alleles incl. 3 marker pairs with ROMANY. Must be Irish.
                        Actually I only had 1 marker pair.. but all my matches seem to be
                        on one side so maybe ONE of my parents had that autosomal profile..

Does everyone have CSF1PO the same??11,12?
                        Maybe it is NOT a significant match..
                        Sorry to disappoint..

Comment

• Originally posted by NormanGalway
                          Tom,

Those seem like a very high cluster of matches! 15 on Turkish is more than you would get if that particular Turk was one of your parents!....
                          Yes, and just imagine how confusing it must be for that poor Turk!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow
                            Does everyone have CSF1PO the same??11,12?
                            Maybe it is NOT a significant match..
                            Sorry to disappoint..

No, I have 10/11, but I am Pisces with Libra rising

Comment

• Originally posted by Eki
                              Maybe this could explain my matches in Nepal and northern India:

A book about the roots of the Finns mentions an Iron Age trade route that started in Scandinavia/Northwestern Europe and ended in India. It says that seashells that were used as money in India have been found in women's necklaces in western Finland.
                              ... and SOMETHING was traded for the seashells.

Comment

• Originally posted by burto
                                Hi Maria,
                                Sorry to sound thick but when you say your x x markers, do you mean your actual x x results or the CODIS one from Tribes? If it's CODIS, have you just compared your markers to those populations?
                                To add to that, if you've done it as matching say if you have 11/12 to another group for CSF1PO (I don't!) I come up with this for a few:
                                Belorussian: 9
                                German: 7
                                Caracas: 8
                                Californian Caucasian: 10
                                Chippewa Ojibwa:5
                                Hispanic: 9
                                Scottish: 11
                                Brazil: 9
                                Inupiat: 5
                                Hutu : 8
                                Although I have matched only single markers rather than whether we share specific pairs? What does this tell us?

Comment

Working...
                                X