Thanks Blackdutch.
    How do we get the new version?
    Maria

Comment

• thx for the tip.
      how many were there before?

Comment

• Southeastern Tribes.

Can't wait till DNA Tribes gets population results for Southeastern Tribes in 2007 Hope it will be the beginning of 2007.
        Maria

Comment

• Originally posted by Maria_W
          Thanks Blackdutch.
          How do we get the new version?
          Maria
          Tried to transfer the link without success. His email is [email protected]
          Version is called Omnipop200.1xls If someone can post the link I would appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NormanGalway
            thx for the tip.
            how many were there before?
            There were 179 before. Databases, I mean.
            Last edited by haplogroupc; 20 November 2006, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Eventually Omnipop updates are available here, under Population Data -

Thanks for the heads-up on v200.

Comment

• Post link please!

That would be great if someone could post the link. Thank you!
                Maria

Comment

• See above your post.

Comment

• Missing something?

I only see 179 populations. When will it be updated or did I miss something? I looked under population data. Husband was going to download it.
                    Maria

Comment

• I see.

Tom.
                      We were posting at the same time.
                      Maria

Comment

• It sounds like Brian Burritt sent the file to Black Dutch but he wasn't able to open it. Maybe it needs adjusting.

Comment

• got my dad to take the test...

pretty interesting. as expected, we share 13 alleles...

But what really threw me is that he does not get a single Polish match. He does get Finland as top match, and has high finno-ugric scores (though only half of mine).

I sort of thought that world match was driving some of my individual results -- ie, that I was getting such high fino ugric scores that my native and global matches were merely in populations with finno-ugric ancestry. He did not get Poland at all, so there goes that theory. will have to take a closer look at my mom's family tree to find that.

He also gets several Norway matches, whereas I don't get any. My scandinavian matches are in denmark, sweden, finland.

He gets one small welsh match, but other than that our Irish/Scottish heritage seems to have disappeared into the void. Curiously, he also gets multiple caucasian diaspora matches -- nearly all in Australia -- whereas I get only one. Perhaps Australia is more "Brittanic" than the US, genetically speaking, though that is just a guess. If that were true, it would at least explain what happened to our "british" genealogy... admixed into something like australian!
                          Last edited by NormanGalway; 22 November 2006, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Could the Australian Diaspora be the Irish?
                            I wonder..some came here and some went there?

Comment

• Originally posted by NormanGalway

He gets one small welsh match, but other than that our Irish/Scottish heritage seems to have disappeared into the void. Curiously, he also gets multiple caucasian diaspora matches -- nearly all in Australia -- whereas I get only one. Perhaps Australia is more "Brittanic" than the US, genetically speaking, though that is just a guess. If that were true, it would at least explain what happened to our "british" genealogy... admixed into something like australian!
                              yes, there's definitely alot of Irish, Scottish and British ancestry in Australia. I have a friend in Australia and their ancestry is Irish. Her husband traces his roots back to the convicts that were taken there on ships. I don't know if you know the history of that. She also sent me traditional folk music from Australia and it's very Irish.

Comment

• he also gets a couple of flemish matches, which I am guessing are sort of kin to the english/anglo-saxon.

Comment

Working...
                                X