No announcement yet.

Tribes scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just out of interest, does everybody who has taken this test and has known Native ancestry have a Mestizo score or some other Native disporia?

Comment

Originally posted by burto
      That is really interesting that you of known Hispanic and you have such strong scores...Mum's global is a European Hispanic mix, but with more Spanish populations over her Hispanic ones. I wonder if this shows that there is less Native in us than you (which we would expect)? You are 60% Native 40% European so you would expect more Native matches. Mum is 50% Anglo Saxon so you would expect lower scores...fascinating
      burto,

I definitely think the reason I got higher scores (numbers) for the Hispanic than for the European Populations is because I have more Native American than European. But I got it from both parents. My mom and dad both have Native American ancestry. So in your mom's case it would make sense for her Hispanic scores to be half of what I got if she had only one Hispanic parent.

And maybe your mom's ancestors were actual Spaniards who migrated to Latin America but mine were probably from Eastern Europe which is why I didn't get alot of Spaniard scores. People in Latin American countries tend to call themselves "Hispanic" even though they're not really part Spanish. That's why the name Latino has taken over.

Comment

Mestizo and Native disporia

I have seen 2 different definations for Mestizo. 1.Those mixed with American Indian and European. 2. Native American, European, African into the mix. The tests results reflect a mixture of all 3 elements. I do not have any reason to believe at this point that I have African heritage becasue it was not reflected in my AncestryByDNA test. So for myself I think I fit into the 1st defination. I only have it noted twice 0.3 and 0.1.

1. DNA Print Genomics AncestryBy DNA 2.5 has me as 10% Native American and 90% Indo European.

2. DNA Print Genomics Euro 1.0 has me at 47% Northern European, 23% East Asian, 23% Middle Eastern, 7% Southeastern European.

3.Family Tree dna mtDNAPlus: H1a, HVR1:129A, 162G, 209C, 519C. HVR2:73G, 263 G, 315.1C.

4. DNA Tribes Native American panel: Salishan:0.047%, Chol:0.003, Inupiat:0.001.

5. DNA Tribes Biographical Ancestry I had 1 basic and 3 updates.

Markers x-x, 12-12, 14-17, 12-13, 10-13, 10-12, 11-11, 12-13, 14-16, 32-32.2, 19-21, 8-9.3, 8-8, 14-18.

Continent 1: European 32, South Asian 9, North Indian 9, East Asian 2, Latin American 1.

Continent 2: European 19.7, Asia Minor 7.7, South Asia 1.2 , Malay Archapelogo 1.0, North Africa 0.5, North India 0.5, Latin American 0.3, East Asian 0.3, Arabian 0.2.

Continent 3. Eastern Europe 26.4, Westrn Europe 14.0, Mediterranan 5.6, Southeast Asia 2.4, Asia Minor 2.0, India 0.6, East Asia 0.5, Mestizo 0.3, North African 0.2, Northeast Asia 0.1, Arabia 0.1, Tibetan 0.1.

Continent 4: Basque 32.2, Eastern European 29.1, Northwest European 15, Finno-Ugrian 7.3, Meditteranan 7.2, North Indian 1.9, South east Asian 1.7, Asia Minor 1.6, Phillipine 0.3, Sino Tibetan 0.2, Northeast Asia 0.1, Mestizo 0.1 , South Indian 0.1.

Have a nice day! Comments. Maria

Comment

What do the numbers mean?

On my Native panel I got 3 microscopic numbers. Salish 0.047, Chol 0.003 and Inupiat 0.001 I know that 1.0 is 1 percent. Do these numbers represent a fraction of precentage? I know the other DNA Tribes test isn't percentage because it doesn't total 100. Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Maria_W
            On my Native panel I got 3 microscopic numbers. Salish 0.047, Chol 0.003 and Inupiat 0.001 I know that 1.0 is 1 percent. Do these numbers represent a fraction of precentage? I know the other DNA Tribes test isn't percentage because it doesn't total 100. Maria
            Is there any significance in such small amounts? My highest was Athapaskan 0.087, still very small.

Comment

So amazing.

Trying to figure out if they are percentages or what? Even if they are, they are so microscopic and most likely not of any value as far as heritage. I just think it is so amazing that we have come this far. Maria

Comment

A copy of a forward from a poster who got the Native American analysis -

"The best indication of Native American ancestry is a substantial high resolution match (>1.0) with a Native American World Region. Any given allelic profile will obtain an MLI score with any human population. Scores less than one indicate that allelic profile is more likely in the world as a whole (Generic Human Index) than in that particular population.

We do hope to add Cherokee, Creek, Choctaw and Chickasaw tribal groups in the future if these data become available.

Best regards,
                Lucas @ DNAtribes.com"

Comment

Still amazing.

I saw that you had 9 native matches. Even though the largest was only 0.087, thats still very amazing that we can calculate to such a small number. Have you had the Ancestrybydna test done? Mines 10% Native American dnawise and I have documentation from other sources, so for me I am very happy. But I will be the type of person who will test till the day I die and maybe beyond. Happy hunting! Maria

Comment

Whats it mean.

O.K. so anything over 1 is of value. Like 1.1 or higher. I wish everyone could or would test to make the database bigger. I still don't understand how they caculate the results. Are they percentages? What is 0.047? it nice to know but whats it mean? Do I have markers consistant with Salish, Chol and Inupiat or not. Is it like a 1 in something? The DNA tribes Native, Global and Continent keep changing. I don't really have too much of a problem with that but its the numbers that confuse me. Maria

Comment

Originally posted by burto
                      Just out of interest, does everybody who has taken this test and has known Native ancestry have a Mestizo score or some other Native disporia?
                      I am mt-haplogroup C and all my Tribes Global New World matches are "Hispanic Diaspora" none of which correspond to my known geographic origins or European ancestry.

Piemonte Italy 7.3
                      Paraguayan 6.9
                      Turkish 6.9
                      Liguria Italy 5.6
                      NW Italy (Piedmont) 5.5
                      Podlasie (NE Poland) 5.4
                      Santa Fe Argentina 5.4
                      El Salvador Salvador 5.2
                      Marche Italy 5.2
                      Campania Italy 5.2
                      Jordania 5.1
                      Afghan 5.0
                      Buenos Aires Argentina 5.0
                      Turkish 4.8
                      NE Spain 4.8
                      Greek Cypriot 4.7
                      Costa Rican 4.6
                      Turkish 4.6
                      Misiones Argentina 4.6
                      Northern Portugal 4.4

I think any Native-European combo scans as "Hispanic Diaspora" to DNATribes because that is all they've got in their db. All Native Americans are more alike than any are like Europeans and all Europeans are more alike than any are like Native Americans. Run those combined ancestries through an Hispanic-biased db and you get inappropriate matches with wimpy scores. Just what I got. Proves I am European and Native - nothing more.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Sonia
                        My 101 year old maternal Gram's Tribes Scores were very inconclusive. Tribes suggests it's due to the admixture (ABD2.5 82% Sub-Saharan African & 18% European) and not having samples representing her background in the database ... and she's always said NA. I've got documentation of all 4 of her grandparents being enslaved in SC, as well as 4 of her 8 great-grandparents.

Parts B & C for her top 20 were heavy in the Asian areas: 4 in India (including the top 3 with values of 49.6, 38.4, & 37.2); 4 in China, 3 in Italy, 2 in Mongolia, 2 in Tibet, and 1 each in Spain, Vietnam, Japan, Turkey, & Egypt.

Part D Values show the real weakness:
                        Sub-Saharan Africa - 0.4
                        North Africa - 0.3
                        Arabian - 0.1
                        Places listed > 0.0 and < 0.1: Tibetan, Asia Minor, Mestizo, Western European, North Indian, Mediterranean, East Asian, and Southeast Asian.

Any input on interpretation? I already thought of Heinz 57
                        Thanks,
                        Have you ever run this by anyone familiar with African-American autosomal STR results? I hope you will.

Do you have an mt-DNA result for your Gram?

I have never seen an African or African-American DNATribes.pdf but I would not expect to see in such a .pdf such matches and scores as these. And there are PLENTY of African-American population stats to which you ought to match. These matches look more like others I have seen from persons who have some reason to believe they are Native ... with matches to South India and the Malay Archipelago and whatnot.

There are other possibilities ... the British has colonies other than the Americas and slaved everywhere.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Black Dutch
                          Athabaskan .087
                          Hna Hnu (Hidalgo,Mexico) .035
                          Chol (Chiapas,MX.) .029
                          Apache .026
                          Navajo .015
                          Cree (Canada) .003
                          Puna (Argentina) .003
                          Huastecos (Mex) .002
                          Salish (Can) .001

Is there enough to show definitively Native American or is it possibly matching with Asian markers from my Pennsylvania Dutch (Black Dutch)?
                          The update they sent have me as follows (World Region Match):
                          NW European 21.6
                          Mediterranean 10.4
                          Finno-Ugrian 8.9
                          Asia Minor 6.9
                          Eastern European 2.2
                          Mestizo 1.1
                          Arabian 0.9
                          N. African 0.9
                          Basque 0.5
                          S. Saharan African 0.2
                          S. Indian 0.1
                          The Finno-Ugrian and Basque scores could be stand-ins for Native if you have no Finnish or Basque ancestry from the European lines of your family. Finno-Ugrian and Basque are regarded as non-Indo-European, ancient, with origins closer to the time when Natives peopled the Americas. All my alleles that showed most strongly Native on CSFS came back as Finland and/or Estonia on ENFSI (that, unfortunately has no Basque data).

This World Region update is worth the cost of the less useful Native panel. May have to order it.

It is a bit cumbersome to cross-reference the several threads on this topic. Maria W. has posted her very interesting Native panel and Updates in Native American Tribes. Might be better to compare there.

Tom

Comment

Got update back which shows:
                            N. Ire 17.0
                            Luds Pol 15.7
                            Buenos Aires 13.8
                            W. Poland 13.6
                            Romania 13.6
                            Ireland 10.1
                            Glasgow 8.1
                            Lille 7.6
                            Cantabria 7.6
                            Polish 6.9
                            SE Polish 6.5
                            Czech 5.5
                            NE Poland 5.2
                            Spanish 5.2
                            Wales 5.1
                            Cauc Canada 5.1
                            Dundee 5.0
                            Andalucia 4.9
                            Hispanic 4.7
                            Sweden 4.7

World region
                            Basque 12.5
                            North Indian 12.0
                            Med 8.3
                            NW Europe 6.6
                            E. Europe 4.0
                            Asia Minor 3.9
                            SSAF 2.3
                            Mestizo 1.4
                            We weren't sent the Native panel
                            I expected the British scores and Sweden but the scores have changed alot. We have lost Sao Paulo match for global and all scores are reduced. Hispanic has reduced from 5.5 to 4.7 and Mestizo has gone from 2.2 to 1.4.
                            Have lost Portugese and Arab from Native match.
                            Not sure where the North Indian comes from..it was 4.6!!!
                            Does this reduced Hispanic and Mestizo mean we are not native anymore?
                            Polish still is there though. I am very confused as the Omnipop and RCMP scores in some way contradict these?
                            Who really should we be relying on?

Comment

I think you're Native. 1.4 Mestizo is AT LEAST 1.4 Mestizo and that is echoed in the Hispanic score, however vague that ethnic term may be. I cut-and-pasted your scores while preserving numerical order to arrive at geographical clusters.

N. Ire 17.0
                              Ireland 10.1
                              Glasgow 8.1
                              Wales 5.1
                              Cauc Canada 5.1
                              Dundee 5.0
                              Unless you know yourself to have Scots, Welsh and Irish ancestry, this cluster in the British Isles arcs around England and may be a stand-in for the English data not in Tribes db.

Luds Pol 15.7
                              W. Poland 13.6
                              Polish 6.9
                              SE Polish 6.5
                              Czech 5.5
                              NE Poland 5.2
                              This is a very coherent cluster. The strongest score is central Poland and I think the general Polish 6.9 is also a core measure. The weakest scores are to the NE and SW (Czech). The West and SE scores are intermediate in strength but close in value. It's like all the peripheral scores are arrows pointing at central Poland. Don't know anything about the ethnic make-up of central Poland but this cluster insists you are genetically similar.

Buenos Aires 13.8
                              The pie chart in the Regional Affiliations.pdf for BA is raucous with colors. One may make anything one wishes of this score. Admixed!

Romania 13.6
                              The Romanians are basically Slavicized Latins. But what to make of it all by itself? And it is one of the better scores.

Lille 7.6
                              This may be the piece that closes the circle on the missing English data.

Cantabria 7.6
                              Spanish 5.2
                              Andalucia 4.9
                              This is interesting too. A general Spanish score bracketed by one in the far South and one on the North coast. Scores get stronger going South to North and Cantabria is neighbor to Basque country that also appears at the top of the World Regions list. I would say the cluster is positive for Spanish ancestry.
                              Hispanic 4.7
                              This too.

Sweden 4.7
                              Got me, Viking?

So, you have three clusters and the Romanian. The Buenos Aires is a catch-all.
                              Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Maria_W
                                I saw that you had 9 native matches. Even though the largest was only 0.087, thats still very amazing that we can calculate to such a small number. Have you had the Ancestrybydna test done? Mines 10% Native American dnawise and I have documentation from other sources, so for me I am very happy. But I will be the type of person who will test till the day I die and maybe beyond. Happy hunting! Maria
                                The Native Panel is of no significance that I can see unless you have a match to a high Hispanic Diaspora or Mestizo match. DNA Tribes states that none of my matches indicate any Native American. Omnipop showed my #8 match as Michigan Native American. Since we know we have Native American in our family, I am testing a Great Aunt and an Aunt to possibly get a higher match to Native American. My ABDNA 2.5 was 92% Indo-European and 8% East Asian which I was told could be Native American or true East Asian from my Pennsylvania Black Dutch (German) lineage. Several other Penn. Dutch showed a high degree of East Asian on the ABDNA 2.5.
                                I'll be glad when the database grows and other Native American Tribes are included.

Comment

Working...
                                X