Tribes scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like my new DNA Tribes update

I like my new updated top 20 matches. Except for the Southern Tunisia and Morocco matches, everything else, all 18, fits with my known ancestry, some is distant such as the Syrian, some more recent such as the Northern Ireland.

I had become accustomed to the original Mozambique & Pakistan matches, but now they are gone, and the new Southern Tunisian & Morocco are a lot closer and the getting warmer to my British Isles origins. I'm considering the match to Bosnian Mountain Villages as a stand-in for my 1/4 Czech ancestry. Maybe the next update in a few months, and the next one after that, will be a perfect match.

The Native American matches in my world region are zero all the way in the MLI and Tribescores.

The regions I do match within 0.25 to 0.75 (ordinary for a population) are:
    North African, Finno-Ugrian, Mediterranean, Northwest European, Arabian, and Asia Minor.

The last two times my world region top matches were Finno-Ugrian, and Northwest European. This third time around my top region is North Africa.

Elizabeth

________

Comment

• Extended Updated Report ?

Hello ; Can someone tell me what an "EXTENDED ,UPDATED REPORT" is &would it be helpful.Does anyone feel more informed after having the new EURO test done? And where would I order it on the " Tribes " site ?(THE UPDATED REPORT).,that is. I have had the first group of markers done ,thanks ,KAT.

Comment

• All new analyses and new updates now include the markers Penta D and E. That increases the marker set from 13 to 15, more discriminating.

An Extended Report is a multi-page match against all populations in the Tribes database, not just the top-20-scoring matches. It could give potential confirmation of minor ancestries that would not appear in the regular report except by a fluke. (E.G. Say you had a single French grandparent, nominally reflected in a quarter of your alleles, in an Extended Report you might find French matches at lower scores although greater than 1.0). The Extended's don't cost any more than a regular Update. It is available on the Order Form.

Comment

• Should have added that if you ordered a Tribes test they already have Penta results for you so there is no additional lab expense or need for another swab.

Comment

• On my lack of Native American matches.....
            Based on your autosomal STR profile, your results are not inconsistent with a small proportion of Native American ancestors. The difference between estimated admixture results and DNA Tribes match results could reflect a smaller portion of autosomal STRs passed down from any Native American ancestors, or else ancestry from a region not taken into account by admixture analysis.
            The newly included Penta D & E markers can provide a strong distinction between African and non-African populations in some cases. Your Southern African TribeScore of less than (0.05) indicates your DNA profile excludes membership in these populations.
            It was the new Penta D & E markers that removed the Mozambique from my top 20, and all other Sub-Saharan African matches from my first DNA Tribes extended report. I didn't know it could do that when I ordered. I just ordered because I wanted an overall update, hoping that I'd have native American matches this time around. Still have no matches.
            I'm glad I just happened to order the new updates and new extended report.
            Last edited by rainbow; 16 August 2007, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Re EXTENDED REPORT

Thank you ,Tom, KAT.

Comment

• CODIS and admixture

I have attempted to see how well the 22 autosomal markers from the autosomal panel 1 and 2 perform when attempting to use it as an admixture test. I simulate that a African and a European close to their respective population admixture averages (population norms) get 10 children together. I assume that the inherritance ratio is always 50/50 from the parents.

What is imidiatly apparent is that the children dont seem to cluster in the middle half between the African and European in the triangle plot, instead they spread more or less random across the admixture line, only two of the children is close to having equal contribution from their parent. Also one of the children show admixture almost half way between the European and East Asian axis in the triangle plot despite that neither of the parents is from East Asia.

So I have my serious doubt about using DNATribes as some sort of admixture test if it cant differentiate even 50/50 admixture between major continents using 22 autosomal markers.

Noaide

Comment

• The random distribution along the African-European axis seems reasonable as it seems to reflect the rule of inheritance: that any sibling may have 0% to 100% of the same markers as any other, but a group of siblings will, on average, match 50%.

The placement of one sibling on the European-East Asian axis is, obviously, wrong (a 10% error rate) although if an East Asian result is (sometimes) characteristic of an African-European cross it confirms the other results.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat
                    The random distribution along the African-European axis seems reasonable as it seems to reflect the rule of inheritance: that any sibling may have 0% to 100% of the same markers as any other, but a group of siblings will, on average, match 50%.
                    Yes thats true, any siblings may have 0 to 100% of the markers of the other siblings as they will inherrit randomly 2 of their parents 4 sets of markers. However still each of the siblings should herritage 1 set of african markers and 1 set of european markers making the siblings cluster in average around half the distance between the African-European axis. In this simulation they didnt. Actually 4 of the 10 offsprings didnt show any signs of admixture at all clustering with only one of the parents (in this simulation with the Africans)

Noaide

Comment

• Big population update....

Gene2005

Lucas told me that there is going to be a big population update soon. But no date. I would say Sept, I guess, since it is the end of the month. Kinda hard to pin them down for exact date.

Maria

Comment

• Originally posted by Noaide
                        Yes thats true, any siblings may have 0 to 100% of the markers of the other siblings as they will inherrit randomly 2 of their parents 4 sets of markers. However still each of the siblings should herritage 1 set of african markers and 1 set of european markers making the siblings cluster in average around half the distance between the African-European axis. In this simulation they didnt. Actually 4 of the 10 offsprings didnt show any signs of admixture at all clustering with only one of the parents (in this simulation with the Africans)

Noaide
                        To do this admixture analysis do you have to attribute particular alleles to particular populations or do you input overall allele statistics for those populations?

Comment

• Penta D and E

Got my results today and what a difference Penta D and E made in my lower scores. My Hispanic/ Native American matches are still there, but they are mixed in with the other 650 populations. They are still clustered in one area.

On my World Regional scores my Mexican dropped from .20 to .02. Also have Andean .01 and Polynesian .01. My Mestizo score almost doubled, which is odd since my NA scores dropped.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the regular update and Penta? I thought the Penta data base was small, less participants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Dutch
                            ...Does anyone know what the difference is between the regular update and Penta? I thought the Penta data base was small, less participants.
                            We assume Tribes has the data, that the more recent population studies include the Pentas. The Pentas are supported in Omnipop to a greater degree than D2 and D19. The Pentas are no more discriminating than any of the other markers but their addition makes the overall test more discriminating.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat
                              To do this admixture analysis do you have to attribute particular alleles to particular populations or do you input overall allele statistics for those populations?
                              The STRUCTURE program does the clustering job, most individuals at 22 loci clustered nicely in the African or the European cluster so it must mean that certain combinations of these 22 loci are African and European specific, however as I stated when simulating an admixture with an "core" African and European the admixture at individual level didnt give a 50/50 admixture profile as one should expect. However if you accumulated those 10 children admixture profile it was in this example close to 40/60 ratio, simulating 100 children would possibly make it closer to 50/50, but using it as an individual admixture test is higly doubtful.

Noaide

Comment

• Originally posted by rainbow
                                Okay Tom.

My updated DNA Tribes August 13, 2007 World Region Matches.
                                Typed up the old-fashioned way because I couldn't copy & paste from PDF file.

(tribes scores)..........MLI score
                                "TribeScores between the (0.25) and (0.75) are ordinary for a population." - DNA Tribes.

North African (0.49).......... 10.15
                                Finno-Ugrian (0.44)..........8.22
                                Mediterranean (0.44)..........8.18
                                Northwest European (0.36)..........7.99
                                Eastern European (0.24)..........4.22
                                Arabian (0.31)..........3.95
                                Asia Minor (0.31)..........3.22
                                Southern African (0.03) ..........1.35
                                Mestizo (0.1)..........0.64
                                India (0.05)..........0.61
                                North India (0.04)..........0.54
                                East African (0.05)..........0.52
                                West African (0.02)..........0.33
                                Malay Archipelago (0.03)..........0.22
                                Mongolian (0.02)..........0.18
                                Polynesian (0.01)..........0.17
                                India Tribal (0.02)..........0.11
                                Tibetan (0.01)..........0.10
                                North Chinese (0.01)..........0.5
                                Southeast Asian (0)..........0.4
                                Salishan (0)..........0.3
                                South Chinese (0)..........0.3
                                Australian (0)..........0.2
                                Japanese (0)..........0.1
                                Andean (0)..........0.1
                                Central American (0)..........0.0
                                Mexican (0)..........0.0
                                Artic (0)..........0.0
                                Athabaskan (0)..........0.0
                                Amazonian (0)..........0.0
                                NorthAmerindian (0)..........0.0
                                Ojibwa (0)..........0.0

I made typos when I posted the above. There is supposed to be another zero in every listing from North Chinese and down.

North Chinese (0.01)..........0.05
                                Southeast Asian (0)..........0.04
                                Salishan (0)..........0.03
                                South Chinese (0)..........0.03
                                Australian (0)..........0.02
                                Japanese (0)..........0.01
                                Andean (0)..........0.01
                                Central American (0)..........0.00
                                Mexican (0)..........0.00
                                Artic (0)..........0.00
                                Athabaskan (0)..........0.00
                                Amazonian (0)..........0.00