No announcement yet.

Tribes scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Maria and tomcat for replying to me, I think I'm already addicted lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by tkmiec84
      I've been told I was Irish,Italian,Polish,Finnish,Native American,Mongolian/Russian. The Irish,Italian,Polish were right but the Spanish it new to me and the African and Arabian. I pretty much took these tests to find out if the native american and Asian blood in my family is true.
      tkmiec84,

What were your top matches for the Native Population and Global Population on the DNA Tribes test? Did they match your known ancestries?

Comment

• The biggest hits I got were Italy, Irish,Sudan,Spain,Australia,France,Tunisia. So the Italian and Irish were right but I expected more Finnish,Polish,and russian scores. Maybe the Russian is the Asian Minor because of the Turks. But the low Finnish scores what was weird because my whole side of my mothers family is from Finland and live there to. The spainaird,Tunisia,and Sudan are all new to me.

Comment

• The Australian is new to me as well I got six hits on the Global top 20.

Comment

The biggest hits I got were Italy, Irish,Sudan,Spain,Australia,France,Tunisia. So the Italian and Irish were right but I expected more Finnish,Polish,and russian scores. Maybe the Russian is the Asian Minor because of the Turks. But the low Finnish scores what was weird because my whole side of my mothers family is from Finland and live there to. The spainaird,Tunisia,and Sudan are all new to me.
            I'm amazed that you got the Italy and Irish matches considering you have Italian and Irish ancestry. Did you say you got Eastern European as your top score in the World Match? I figure that's where your Polish and other ancestries from that region are showing up.

Comment

• My top scores were northwestern european 23.9 and medditerranean 17.63 I knew i had Italian ancestry but not as much as the reuslts gave me. my eastern european was a 6.97 and Finno-urigrian was 2.2 which from what i know is weird should of been higher according to my geneaolgy

Comment

• If you go to page 167 i posted my scores for my World region matches Haplo group C I'm also wondering about the scores under 1. do they mean anything or no?

Comment

My top scores were northwestern european 23.9 and medditerranean 17.63 I knew i had Italian ancestry but not as much as the reuslts gave me. my eastern european was a 6.97 and Finno-urigrian was 2.2 which from what i know is weird should of been higher according to my geneaolgy
                  I think the Native Match reflects your ancestry from long ago, around 500 years, and the Global includes Diaspora groups. So maybe that's why you got the Italian match, because that's where your ancestors came from long ago.

Comment

If you go to page 167 i posted my scores for my World region matches Haplo group C I'm also wondering about the scores under 1. do they mean anything or no?
                    Supposedly, everything below 1 doesn't mean very much.

Comment

I havent taken an ancestory by dna test yet but I am hoping to take it soon, the photograph was taken in lyon county kentucky between 1868 and 1862. Manerva was born in georgia in 1852.
                      Manerva was older than 10 when her photograph was taken, so I am inclined to a later date. And given the 'blood quantum' numbers you cite and the European maternal/Mt haplogroup, I imagine she was descended from a Cherokee line that was somewhat integrated into 'White' society.

Have you researched Civil War records for Rob't. Chas.? There is a terrific National Parks site for that ... Google 'Civil War Soldiers and Sailors.'

Comment

• Sorry Tomcat I meant the picture was taken between 1868-1882 my Aunt has a genealogy page and some of the information is off. I'm trying to get a hold of a family member who has our family bible, but my great-grandmother did our family geneology the old way by taking trips across the U.S and going to Libraries and Courthouses for records and some records that my family held on to. But my Great-Grandmother was positive about the N.A ancestory I wish I could get my hands on the Bible and records. Another thing that I found through the Dawes rolls is that a white ancestor Robert E Berry on my other side of my mothers side interrmarried a Cherokee woman which was intersting but I just started getting into geneaology this year for a college project and I'm addicted.

Comment

• I found a bunch of Robert Barnetts but I don't know which was could be him I search Tennessee,Kentucky, and West virginia but found none. Thanks for the website though I can look for other relatives.

Comment

Sorry Tomcat I meant the picture was taken between 1868-1882 my Aunt has a genealogy page and some of the information is off. I'm trying to get a hold of a family member who has our family bible, but my great-grandmother did our family geneology the old way by taking trips across the U.S and going to Libraries and Courthouses for records and some records that my family held on to. But my Great-Grandmother was positive about the N.A ancestory I wish I could get my hands on the Bible and records. Another thing that I found through the Dawes rolls is that a white ancestor Robert E Berry on my other side of my mothers side interrmarried a Cherokee woman which was intersting but I just started getting into geneaology this year for a college project and I'm addicted.

Interesting. Altho Manerva and Rob't. have different head shapes, around the mouth they look similar. Nevertheless, your direct maternal Mt line is European. Rob't, based on his dress in his portrait, could indicate a later date for his photo. Hard to specify for Manerva.

Comment

• Yeah I have a real copy of the pictures but there in storage in wisconsin at my parents home and the exact dates are on the back I couldn't find them last time I was there. But my direct mothers side is European Irish from the Ftdna Mtdna test. I'm going to take the ancestry by dna test soon. There could be more N.A. in my blood then I know of my Aunt has said we could have more on that side but my best bet is Manerva.

Comment

• What is disappointing about the Tribes extended match report is that it appears to lump together all the global/diaspora with the 'native' matches. I wish my extended report had the native matches ONLY.

Comment

Working...
                                X