Tribes scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow
    I wrote to Lucas at DNA Tribes and asked for my Penta E & Penta D.
    Hi,
    Are they giving them away for free or do we have to pay? Will this give more understanding of scores?

Comment

• Well he did not charge me.
      My feeling is that any markers can be used for comparison so if you have sibling or family tests it has to be helpful.

Comment

• Hi Maria,
        Is this an update to the extended match from Dec 2006?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow
          I wrote to Lucas at DNA Tribes and asked for my Penta E & Penta D.
          I also asked him about my sisters markers which I did not think looked "Salish".
          He said this:
          "Like your own, your sister's allelic profile also obtains a substantial Salishan score, which is rare for people of European descent."
          I thought that I had run them at OMNIPOP..so I ran it again.I do not get a Salish match for my sister..I get this:
          #1 VDHA Hispanic
          #2 Portugeuse
          #3 Catalan Spain
          #4 Albanian

Comment

• Hi Maria,
            Just asked Tribes about the extended match and they said there hasn't been an update since Mum's so her scores are as follows (I'll just post a few as there are so many!):

South America:
            Buenos Aires, Argentina 57.08 (Top score)
            Sao Paulo, Brazil 28.30
            Bahia, Brazil 25.42
            Brazilian (Santa Catarina) 17.93
            Brazil 16.69
            Santa Fe, Argentina 16.10
            then other Brazils and Argentinas down to 7.36
            Caracas, Venezuela 13.21
            Paraguay: 7.51
            El Salvador 5.41
            Bogota, Columbia: 4.57
            Columbian 3.81
            Columbian 3.70

Puerto Rican (Springfield, MA) 15.67

Hispanic:
            Hispanic, FL 15.62
            Hispanic, AZ 14.86
            Hispanic 12.80
            Hispanic 12.78
            then others down to 6.47

Central America:
            Costa Rican:5.79
            Costa Rican 4.49
            Mexican (Chihuahua) 3.93
            Mexican: 1.21
            Central Mexico: 1.18
            Mexican (Valley of Mexico) 0.73
            Mestizo (Ecuador) 0.58
            World match Mestizo: 4.22

Native American:
            Lumbee 4.02
            Amazon region, Brazil 1.47

Don't know if that helps! I'd love to know whether it means we have some Native ancestry! There are no matches worth mentioning that match specific tribes...does this mean we share ancestry that is closer to central and Latin Americans?

Comment

• Very impressive!

Burto.

Those are some very impressive Central and South American scores you have there. Your Beunos Aires score at 57.03 is awesome! Even your Venezuella score at 13.21 is higher than my 11.03 Venezuella score. Plus you have alot of scores 1 and above. Alot more than mine! Your Lumbee score is better than my Salish at .03, yours is what 12 times higher! Your genetic markers are strongest in those Central and South American populations. Looks really good to me!

Maria

Comment

• Gaining Confidence

My wife got her results back today and I was amazed at the accuracy. Part C showed her top match as Mexican, which she is. She also showed a high degree of Mestizo and Central Amerindian on Part D, World Region. She is part Native American, mtdna Haplo C.
                For the skeptics: They (DNA Tribes) had no knowledge of her being Hispanic since she has an Anglo first and last name.

Comment

• blackdutch,
                  that's cool.
                  how does her Tribes profile stand up to Omnipop, or
                  have you done that yet? I'm curious how much they
                  differ, if they do...
                  Everyone I've tested has gotten radically different results on
                  each.

Comment

• Originally posted by NormanGalway
                    blackdutch,
                    that's cool.
                    how does her Tribes profile stand up to Omnipop, or
                    have you done that yet? I'm curious how much they
                    differ, if they do...
                    Everyone I've tested has gotten radically different results on
                    each.
                    Have not compared hers to Omnipop yet, but when I compared mine it was similar except for showing Native American Michigan as #4 and on DNA Tribes the closest I had to that was Hispanic Michigan at #8.

Comment

• My scores

Black Dutch
                      I guess that means that you have "normal" looking markers...my sister's & mine obviously are quite unique.I know my X markers and the few I have done of sister's are.
                      So neither of us look similar to OMNIPOP,ENSFI and Tribes apparently.

Lucas said this:
                      " Both Salishan scores were substantially above the expected range for Europeans. However, European affiliations were also observed and were overall most likely. "

So we have some"unique" Europeans skulking about in our family tree... either my posssibly Danish Swansons or the paternal grandfather..
                      Estonian and Lodz,Poland....(lodza Polish)
                      But Sister shows Irish #1...
                      #1 Ireland
                      #2 Toulouse,France
                      #3 Denmark
                      #4 Poland
                      #5 Germany
                      #6 Estonia
                      #7 North Ireland
                      #8 Switzerland
                      #9 Austria
                      #10 Sweden

Mine is #1 Estonia,Croatia,Germany,Scotland,Ireland,North Ireland,Poland..bearing in mind how the allleles we inherit from each parent skews our personal formula..( which are in the software)and the software is only as good as the most recent populations in it..

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Dutch
                        My wife got her results back today and I was amazed at the accuracy. Part C showed her top match as Mexican, which she is. She also showed a high degree of Mestizo and Central Amerindian on Part D, World Region. She is part Native American, mtdna Haplo C.
                        For the skeptics: They (DNA Tribes) had no knowledge of her being Hispanic since she has an Anglo first and last name.
                        Just ran her alleles through Omnipop and Peruvian was #1, Mexican #2 and everything else pretty close to DNA Tribes.

Comment

• Here's my Native American results from DNA Tribes:

Coastal Salish (British Columbia, Canada) 1.4953

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard Rauch
                            Here's my Native American results from DNA Tribes:

Coastal Salish (British Columbia, Canada) 1.4953

Richard..that is so weird as both my sister and I have Coastal Salish also..no known NA in pedigree...
                            BUT..you & I both are J2 mtDNA..I wonder...

What I am wondering is if the Salish are high in mtDNA J2 ?It supposedly is Atlantic Coastal Fringe...

Comment

• I had 4% Native American from Genetree.com. It comes from my paternal grandmother's side.

Comment

• Oh..well I do not have any that I know of but MY paternal Grandfather is unknown to me..
                                guess it's not the J2 coincidence

Comment

Working...
                                X