Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tribes scores

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I was responding to your "wire-drawn" comment here..I think it IS a fine line where it begins and ends..and I am NOT a mathemetician at all..there is an algorythm that is used..a formula which probably changes often.
    At least it changes whenever new populations are put into it..
    Some others here can help you with it..
    Tom is good..and Noaide..
    Last edited by Kathleen Carrow; 27 March 2007, 04:50 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by rsychev
      ENFSI told

      Scottland/Dundee 7.3429E-12
      Finland 6.4558E-12
      Slovenia 4.6149E-11
      Czech Republic 3.5365E-11
      Estonia 3.4368E-11
      Italy 3.1804E-11
      Germany 2.4398E-11
      Sweden 2.2036E-11
      France/Toulouse 2.0624E-11
      Poland 1.9335E-11
      As far as I can see this is your ranking from best to lowest:

      Slovenia 4.6149E-11
      Czech Republic 3.5365E-11
      Estonia 3,4368E-11
      Italy 3.1804E-11
      Germany 2.4398E-11
      Sweden 2.2036E-11
      France/Toulouse 2.0624E-11
      Poland 1.9335E-11
      Scottland/Dundee 7.3429E-12
      Finland 6.4558E-12

      Noaide

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Noaide
        As far as I can see this is your ranking from best to lowest:

        Slovenia 4.6149E-11
        Czech Republic 3.5365E-11
        Estonia 3,4368E-11
        Italy 3.1804E-11
        Germany 2.4398E-11
        Sweden 2.2036E-11
        France/Toulouse 2.0624E-11
        Poland 1.9335E-11
        Scottland/Dundee 7.3429E-12
        Finland 6.4558E-12

        Noaide
        Why?
        I thought "7.3429E-12" as top

        Last edited by rsychev; 27 March 2007, 05:26 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by rsychev
          Why?
          I thought "7.3429E-12" an top

          If its opposite then your a Finn Anyway in Omnipop a small number means better match, cant remember just now how it is with ENSFI.

          Noaide

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Noaide
            If its opposite then your a Finn Anyway in Omnipop a small number means better match, cant remember just now how it is with ENSFI.

            Noaide
            Please help me understand my autosomal results with ENSFI

            This html page

            Thanks

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rsychev
              Please help me understand my autosomal results with ENSFI

              This html page

              Thanks
              I checked the formulas at ENSFI, smaller number means less probability, higher number means higher probability (P=0.25 is lower probability than P=0.5) for example.

              So my first interpretation is the right one. You have highest matches with Czecks, Slovaks and Estonians. If you divide the your top Slovenian match with your lowest Finland match your 7 times more likely a Slovenian than a Finn.

              Noaide

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Noaide
                ...
                Anyway in Omnipop a small number means better match, cant remember just now how it is with ENSFI.
                ...
                On ENFSI rank results by E# - smallest E# is best. Then rank by decimal number - largest number is best.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by rsychev
                  ...
                  OmniPop motha****a (excuse me) told me that I am African American and Tunisian...
                  Answer: copy Omnipop and customize copy by removing all populations you do not wish to be matched-to. Better yet: remove all populations and enter your own allelic profile as representative of population with which you most identify - this will always give desired result.

                  Comment


                  • Your match-scores to any population do not indicate an 'amount' as the profile-matching statistics of Tribes, ENFSI and Omnipop do not measure admixture. The match-scores simply express a statistical likelihood of one's allelic profile matching the allelic profile of the named population. It is quite possible for one's allelic profile to match populations with which one has no immediate ancestry.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by tomcat
                      Your match-scores to any population do not indicate an 'amount' as the profile-matching statistics of Tribes, ENFSI and Omnipop do not measure admixture. The match-scores simply express a statistical likelihood of one's allelic profile matching the allelic profile of the named population. It is quite possible for one's allelic profile to match populations with which one has no immediate ancestry.
                      Then what can give autosomal test?
                      How I can interpret my results and why FTDNA fail?

                      I don't understand

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tomcat
                        Answer: copy Omnipop and customize copy by removing all populations you do not wish to be matched-to.
                        How?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by rsychev
                          (1)Then what can give autosomal test?
                          (2)How I can interpret my results and why FTDNA fail?
                          ...
                          (1) If you wanted an autosomal admixture text you might have chosen Ancestry by DNA 2.5 from DNAPrint Genomics.
                          (2) Read this thread from the beginning to see what others have thought or tried. FTDNA gave you exactly what was requested and, I am certain, FTDNA made no endorsements of profile-matching based on the autosomal STR's tested.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rsychev
                            How?
                            How to customize Omnipop (I have never tried this): Get another copy of Omnipop online or have your computer make copy. Rename copy. Open copy. Go to Data tab. Scroll through data fields and delete all data for populations to which you do not wish to be matched. Close the copy of program that has been edited and when computer asks 'Do you want to save changes?' choose 'Yes'. Then reopen copy of program, check that changes are as you wish, and use in usual manner. If results are still not satisfactory, remove additional inappropriate populations and 'save changes.'
                            Last edited by tomcat; 28 March 2007, 05:55 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jodee
                              ... then is this just some admixture thing going on?...
                              PROBABLY. All my top matches are to populations with which I share no direct ancestry. My top matches score as high as 53, but it is only when I get down to score-range 16-14 (on an Extended Report) that I see any readings on my one-half Jewish ancestry or my Native American ancestry and there only to admixed populations.

                              Top matches are not 'wrong' or even 'useless' but they don't give me the information I want. Nevertheless they are allover the Middle East/ Asia Minor/Mediterranen and seem entirely appropriate as readings of my majority 'generic' ancestry.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tomcat
                                So cool, but absolutely impossible to ever figure-out or attribute - one parent was either 11/16 or 11/17 and the other was either 13/16 or 13/17. You could run the allele pairs on Omnipop and see if you turn-up a clue.

                                Could you post completed result for both you and sister? I'm interested!
                                Well I am excited ..took me overnight for it to sink in that my sister's autosomal test gave me an extra glimpse at Dad's paternal ancestry as we do NOT match at all on 2 alleles
                                FGA 11,17 and 13,16
                                and D18 19,20 and 24,25
                                THX Tom for helping..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X