Recent Ancestral Origins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Ancestral Origins

What does it mean when it says "mtDNA Recent Ancestral Origins" on my personal results page? I only have one low resolution match (HVR1) showing and it reads, M* India (120) what does the 120 indicate?

PBJ

It means that FTDNA's database has 120 mtDNA entries from India. Of them, exactly 1 is a low-resolution match with you.

Comment

THanks Igmayka,
      That answered my question completely I wish I had more matches with my haplogrop, L3...I did, but they disapeared completely from my match section, there were three. Why do you suppose they disapeared?
      PBJ

Comment

PBJ,

You're the second person that I've seen mention disappearing mtDNA matches in the past day or two. I would definitely email FTDNA ([email protected]) and notify them, in case they're not aware of the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by PBJ
          I wish I had more matches with my haplogrop, L3...I did, but they disapeared completely from my match section, there were three. Why do you suppose they disapeared?
          PBJ
          Ordinarily, a vanished match is someone who initially set her/his preferences to receive notification of all matches, including low-resolution ones. Then, when the matches actually start to roll in, the person decides to turn off low-resolution matching in order to focus on high-resolution matches.

On the other hand, it could be a web site or database glitch.

Comment

RAO matches.

On my RAO page I have 784 people from France and 981 people from Scotland that tested. I only have 1 low resolution match from France and 1 low resolution match from Scotland in group H. Just surprised that there aren't any other countries testing. I have ancestry from both countries so its still cool, just wish other people with other countires would post. Any one else.? How many different countries do you all have and how many matches. Maria

Comment

Already done.

Duh! I see this has already been addressed with another thread. Will post it there.. Maria

Comment

Working...
              X