Linking family members test results with your profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking family members test results with your profile

Hi, I'm quite new to using this site and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
    Both my father and myself are listed here on FTDNA via the National Genographic Project - is there any way I can link my father's results to my profile as opposed to my paying for paternal testing?

I'd appreciate any advice.

cheers.

Hi,

No, you can't combine results for two different people into one FTDNA account. What were you hoping to accomplish by combining both sets of results into one account?

If you're female, you can't be tested for your paternal line anyway. If you're male, then your Y-DNA (paternal) results should be exactly the same as your father's, so there's not much benefit in having yourself tested -- unless you just want to have your own results to play with

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit3580
      Both my father and myself are listed here on FTDNA via the National Genographic Project - is there any way I can link my father's results to my profile as opposed to my paying for paternal testing?
      I assume the purpose of this would be simply the convenience of having all your genetic information together. Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to do this. But of course, your father can simply give you the kit number and password of his account, and you can then bookmark his account page.

I myself maintain accounts for myself and 3 other relatives and friends. I have an Internet Explorer bookmark for each account. It's only slightly clumsy.

Comment

Low Tech Solution

On mitosearch, you could copy and paste father's results into your page under Additional Information and/or put in his ysearch user ID. Don't know what the options are on ysearch for cross-referencing.

Tom

Comment

Rabbit3580,

I believe it would be most helpful if you told us a little bit about yourself. Are you male or female? What tests did you have? What test did your father have? What are you trying to accomplish?

Maybe, with this information someone can give you a meaningful answer.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the responses and to clarify, yes, my question was purely to work out how I could have the convenience of having all my genetic information together.

I will also look at listing the information under Additional Information on mitosearch.

cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X