No announcement yet.

Autosomal DNA Test 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simplest arithmetic. 30 alleles x 3.33 for "best match" to particular ancestry = 99.99 (close to 100%). My 56.60% European score is 17 European "best matches" x 3.33. Sub-Saharan African is 2 "best matches."

Nothing to it.

Tom

Comment

You have a very diverse backgorund! I am probably 100% Euro-trash!! Or maybe even like about 97%, if I do turn out to be some sort of sinja ma ninja Asian guy.. Although, I wouldn't be suprised if all my background in DNA Tribes is in Polska. Talk about diversity in one country!!

Comment

Originally posted by tomcat
        Simplest arithmetic. 30 alleles x 3.33 for "best match" to particular ancestry = 99.99 (close to 100%). My 56.60% European score is 17 European "best matches" x 3.33. Sub-Saharan African is 2 "best matches."

Nothing to it.

Tom
        So you pick one allele from loci each and stick it to the population with the highest frequency for that allele and loci? If that population is in the group "European" you add it to that group and so on?

Noaide
        Last edited by Noaide; 1 September 2006, 01:45 PM.

Comment

How can I do mine.

Tom.
          What can you make of mine!
          My Ancestryby DNA 2.5 says: I am 10% Native American and 90% Indo European.
          My Euro 1.0 says: I am 47% Northern European, 23% South Asian, 23% Middle Eastern and 7% Southeastern European.
          My DNA Tribes says: Updated World Region Match:Eastern European 26.4, Western European 14, Mediterrianean 5.6, Southeast Asian 2.4, Asian Minor 2.0, Indian 0.6, East Indian 0.5, Mestizo 0.3, North Africa 0.2, Northeast Asia 0.1, Arabian 0.1, Tibetan 0.1. How can I do mine. What else do I need to add. Maria

Comment

Originally posted by tomcat
            Assigned each best match a 3.33 value and added them up. The results = 56.60% European, 36.63% Native American, 6.66% Sub-Saharan African. This agrees with my ABDNA 2.5 of 60% European, 31% Native American and 9% Sub-Saharan African.

So atSTR's are every bit as "indicative of ancestry" as atSNP's. And you can DIY!

Tom
            Did the same using Omnipop database first with 9 loci then with 13 loci.

9 loci result:

European 33,3 %
            East-Asian 11,1 %
            Native 38,9 %
            African 16,7 %

13 loci result:

European 30,8 %
            East-Asian 7,7 %
            Native 42,3 %
            African 19,2 %

I tried to categorize each group according to DNAPrint.

I had suprisingly many alleles in common with the Native Americans and Sub-Sahara Africans. It was was very different from DNAPrint result.

I simply picked the top frequency for each alleles, I didnt check for runner ups, to try to exclude admixed populations.

Noaide

Comment

Noaide and Maria,

A lot of this has or is being covered in the thread Native American 'Tribes. Before one can make an admixture calculation one has to collect all the data.

Tom

Comment

Reposted in Native American Tribes.

O.K. I'll just repost all my information over again in Native AmericanTribes. Maria

Comment

Hey Tom,
                  I just read that there was a Battle with the Huns right near where the Pennsylvanian Dutch lived in Germany..

Comment

Bad post icon

Anyone.

Where do I go for that report bad post icon. The one with the triangle outlined in red with the exclamation mark to the right of your postings.

Downer 101
                    I have German ancestry out of different areas of PA. Have a nice day. Maria

Comment

Downer - where did you read about the battle in Germany involving the Huns? Was it in the Palatine? I had an autosomnal done by ABDNA and expected to get some East Asian, since I am nearly 1/4 PA Dutch (my ancestors arrived from the Palatine in the mid 1700s) and a few PA Dutch do get some East Asian, but I didn't get any.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria_W
                        Anyone.

Where do I go for that report bad post icon. The one with the triangle outlined in red with the exclamation mark to the right of your postings.

Downer 101
                        I have German ancestry out of different areas of PA. Have a nice day. Maria
                        moi aussi, my great grandmother was mennonite lol I meant it as I have a possibly of get East Asian from my father or my mother.. My mother is partially East European, and my father is partially PA Dutch.

Comment

I changed my approach by comparing my alleles to a Norwegian population sample because this is the one closest in geography, however I should also have a Swedish and Finnish population sample because many of my ancestors also come from these countries, these are not available at this time.

What I found was that 19 of my alleles was well within the most common alleles within Norway, the remaining 7 all belonged to less common alleles among Norwegians with frequencies between 4% to 10%. When matching these alleles to Omnipop populations the admixture rate become as below. I had some problems to categorize some of the less common alleles.

EUR 77 %
                          EA 8 %
                          NA 4 %
                          AFR 12 %

Noaide

Originally posted by Noaide
                          Did the same using Omnipop database first with 9 loci then with 13 loci.

9 loci result:

European 33,3 %
                          East-Asian 11,1 %
                          Native 38,9 %
                          African 16,7 %

13 loci result:

European 30,8 %
                          East-Asian 7,7 %
                          Native 42,3 %
                          African 19,2 %

I tried to categorize each group according to DNAPrint.

Comment

I changed my approach by comparing my alleles to a Norwegian population sample because this is the one closest in geography, however I should also have a Swedish and Finnish population sample because many of my ancestors also come from these countries, these are not available at this time.Noaide
                            There are Finnish, Swedish, Nowegian and Danish samples on ENFSI - www.str-base.org

Tom

Comment

Its possible to find the actual nominal frequencies for a country population in the ENFSI database when entering two equal values.

The formula is P^2

To find the actual frequency simply multiply the result with 2 to get the actual frequency.

Noaide

Comment

Correction. The ENFSI homozyge (=two identical alleles) result need to be SQUARE ROOTED to get the actual allele frequency for that population.

Its possible to find the actual nominal frequencies for a country population in the ENFSI database when entering two equal values.

The formula is P^2

To find the actual frequency simply multiply the result with 2 to get the actual frequency.

Noaide

Comment

Working...
                                X