Polish DNA Tribes Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burto
    I was told by Tribes that the Polish matches I got probably meant North Western European...I have no known Polish ancestry and I didn't tell them this, they just seemed to know from the scores I got?
    burto,

Did you get Northwest Europe on the World Region Match? Maybe that's why DNA Tribes said that your scores meant Northwestern European. My mom got a higher Eastern European score. Maybe this happened because her Poland matches are North and Northeast and there's also a Russian Orthodox from Suwalki Poland. This may have moved her ancestry more to the East. But she also got a lower Northwest European score which is probably due to her lower German scores.

Comment

Mum's world scores are:
      Basque,
      North Indian,
      Mediterranean,
      NW Europe,
      E. Europe,
      so yeah it wasn't high on the list, but I never told them that.
      What is interesting is the high Indian score then the South Asian score on DNAP, however that is 65% Northern European, 22% South Asian, 13% Mediterranean, so why isn't NW Europe highest on Tribes?
      And yet the global score mentions nothing of India but there is a high Romania score which makes me wonder if it there is a Roma connection?
      There is only NE Poland, no North or Russian Orthodox and the highest Polish scores were Ludz and Western Poland.

Comment

Mum's world scores are:
        Basque,
        North Indian,
        Mediterranean,
        NW Europe,
        E. Europe,
        so yeah it wasn't high on the list, but I never told them that.
        What is interesting is the high Indian score then the South Asian score on DNAP, however that is 65% Northern European, 22% South Asian, 13% Mediterranean, so why isn't NW Europe highest on Tribes?
        And yet the global score mentions nothing of India but there is a high Romania score which makes me wonder if it there is a Roma connection?
        There is only NE Poland, no North or Russian Orthodox and the highest Polish scores were Ludz and Western Poland.
        It's interesting that your mom got a high Basque score. I've read that Basque DNA is very similar to Celtic DNA because many of the people in Ireland and England are descendants of the original inhabitants of the Iberian peninsula. Clans from Iberia migrated to Ireland during a time of famine, I think. I met a man who lived in Basque country and he told me that many of the customs there are similar to Irish customs. Maybe that has something to do with your mom's high Basque score.

Comment

Romanian is NOT Roma or Gypsy.

Comment

I have read that many Roma settled in Romania. This together with our high South Asian scores with DNAP merely made me think it could suggest Roma.

Comment

Originally posted by haplogroupc
              It's interesting that your mom got a high Basque score. I've read that Basque DNA is very similar to Celtic DNA because many of the people in Ireland and England are descendants of the original inhabitants of the Iberian peninsula. Clans from Iberia migrated to Ireland during a time of famine, I think. I met a man who lived in Basque country and he told me that many of the customs there are similar to Irish customs. Maybe that has something to do with your mom's high Basque score.
              It could do. What is interesting is the DNAP euro test. We have more SEE than typical British and Irish and indeed Northern Europeans it's the same for the SA too...who knows...Mum's ancestors weren't all British thats for sure!

Comment

Working...
              X