Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europeans with East Asian

Hi,
    Just wanted some suggestions of any european groups who have East Asian admixture, if any? Just exploring every possibility whilst waiting for the DNATribes results to come through.

Europeans with East Asian.

Hi.
    Please look under thread DNA Tests by Maria_W for my DNA test results. I will post my DNA Tribes test results later Thank you!

Comment

Wrong smilie!

Wrong smilie. Should be

Comment

Originally posted by burto
        Hi,
        Just wanted some suggestions of any european groups who have East Asian admixture, if any? Just exploring every possibility whilst waiting for the DNATribes results to come through.
        burto,

How does the DNA company describe East Asian? What parts of the world does it include? I remember seeing a description in some literature but I can't find it. But I remember that it's different than what is commonly known as East Asian.

Comment

Just had a look in the AncestrybyDNA literature and can't find anything that defines East Asian....not sure if anyone else can...it is 12.40 am here I'm probably missing something obvious!

Comment

Originally posted by burto
            Just had a look in the AncestrybyDNA literature and can't find anything that defines East Asian....not sure if anyone else can...it is 12.40 am here I'm probably missing something obvious!
            burto,

I found it. Here's what the website says: but we distinguish ancestries within Asia and the Pacific Rim by adding East Asian, (which includes the Pacific Islanders) as an additional group. (Ancestry By DNA)

The website has alot of information about groups that have small percentages of East Asian. I didn't read it very well but Russians and some Germans have small percentages. You might want to read the F.A.Q. section and also the Interpretation of Results section under Products and Services, Ancestry By DNA. But my guess is that your DNA Tribes test will narrow down your ancestry better than the other tests you've taken. They give you actual cities, countries and even tribes.

Comment

Working...
            X