X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GvdM
    replied
    Originally posted by ntxcousin
    That's what I figured since surnames weren't common prior to about 1000 years ago. I'm still looking for someone that has the same surname as me though.
    Actually surnames were not common until around the 1600's and in some places, like the Netherlands not until the early 1800's.

Leave a comment:

• ntxcousin
    replied
    Generational Distance

Originally posted by Eki
    Depends on what you call related. But yes, you shared a common ancestor hundreds of years, maybe a thousand years ago.
    That's what I figured since surnames weren't common prior to about 1000 years ago. I'm still looking for someone that has the same surname as me though.

Leave a comment:

• Eki
    replied
    Originally posted by ntxcousin
    Using Ysearch, I found 5 men that have 25 marker tests like myself. One has a generational distance of 1 and is 24/25. The other 4 have a generational distance of 2 and are 23/25. These men do not have the same surnames. Are we / can we be related?

Mike
    Depends on what you call related. But yes, you shared a common ancestor hundreds of years, maybe a thousand years ago.

Leave a comment:

• ntxcousin
    started a topic Generational Distance

Generational Distance

Using Ysearch, I found 5 men that have 25 marker tests like myself. One has a generational distance of 1 and is 24/25. The other 4 have a generational distance of 2 and are 23/25. These men do not have the same surnames. Are we / can we be related?

Mike
Working...
X