YDNA Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YDNA Results

During my testing my results were delayed 10 to 14 days due to an unexpected result. Then, when my results were ready they did not even come close to the expected results. My Bozeman relatives show up in halogroup R1b and I show in group I. My markers only matched 3 of 12 with a cousin decended from a common ancestor.

Is there a possible explaination in the delayed results problem encountered?

The delay shouldn't have anything to do with the results outcome.
    How far back did this common ancestor live? Do you have someone else in your line of descent that could be tested?
    Max Blankfeld
    Vice-President and COO @ Family Tree DNA
    A Gene by Gene Company

Comment

Originally posted by max
      How far back did this common ancestor live? Do you have someone else in your line of descent that could be tested?
      The common ancestor is 8 generation back from me. My fatherr and brother are still alive and I have one first cousin still living.

Comment

Originally posted by max
        The common ancestor is 8 generation back from me. My fatherr and brother are still alive and I have one first cousin still living.

Comment

Originally posted by web1006
          You can test any of them. Their 12 marker Y-DNA shou match yours.
          Max Blankfeld
          A Gene by Gene Company

Comment

look at kit 9402 and see if you can tell me why the delay occurred. I know they said it happens in a 15% of the tests. I would like more information than the canned response of multiple spikes, dust in the sample etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by web1006
              look at kit 9402 and see if you can tell me why the delay occurred. I know they said it happens in a 15% of the tests. I would like more information than the canned response of multiple spikes, dust in the sample etc.....
              I think that this exchange of e-mails that I am having with you clearly shows that we don 't have canned responses. As to "dust in the sample", I'll just take it as a joke...
              Max Blankfeld
              A Gene by Gene Company

Comment

I'm not saying that you used a canned response. My kit web page had those listed as possible causes while the results were delayed as best I remember.

I am dead serious about getting more information about the cause ot the delay. No joking here.

Comment

Working...
                X