Earthlink considers Family Tree DNA a scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthlink considers Family Tree DNA a scam

I don't believe Family Tree DNA is a scam but my Earthlink Scamblocker does.

If you are an owner or administrator of a legitimate domain or site that ScamBlocker is currently blocking, and you wish it to be removed from ScamBlocker, please send a certified or overnight letter to:

EarthLink Inc.
    ATTN: Legal Department (Litigation)
    1375 Peachtree Street, Level A
    Atlanta, GA 30309

Originally posted by Arch Yeomans
    I don't believe Family Tree DNA is a scam but my Earthlink Scamblocker does.

If you are an owner or administrator of a legitimate domain or site that ScamBlocker is currently blocking, and you wish it to be removed from ScamBlocker, please send a certified or overnight letter to:

EarthLink Inc.
    ATTN: Legal Department (Litigation)
    1375 Peachtree Street, Level A
    Atlanta, GA 30309

better yet tell them your gone as a customer if they dont change it

Comment

If I used Earthlink, I'd tell them to pull the head out of ----- the sand and to stop blocking the messages.

Of course the better option might be to drop Earthlink.

Comment

Bah, Earthlink...

About 1/2 step above AOL.

Comment

I'm not so sure of the direction in relation to AOL.....

Comment

Doesn't this depend on your spam settings ?? I have mine set at high because I get a lot of spam. It's not that big a deal to add the email address to your contact list so that the next time they email you, it automatically gets moved to you inbox.

Comment

Spam...Scam....Not necessarily the same, but both ARE four letter words....

Comment

Comment

Had to uninstall Earthlink Toolbar to get back to Family Tree DNA

I guess scamblocker.com is the problem. I was in a vicious loop, it was so bad that I couldn't get to Google or anywhere for that matter. It just kept popping up relentlessly and I even selected to bypass and it still kept kicking me back to Earthlink's scamblocker. I never selected a high security setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Denning
                    better yet tell them your gone as a customer if they dont change it
                    I guess Scamblocker.Com wants Family Tree DNA to identify itself as not being scam artists. There's nothing I can do on my end. Even selecting to bypass and accept the alleged scam page, it kept kicking me back. I'm not too happy with Earthlink; but I'm not impressed with other ISPs either.

Comment

Originally posted by Arch Yeomans
                      I guess Scamblocker.Com wants Family Tree DNA to identify itself as not being scam artists. There's nothing I can do on my end. Even selecting to bypass and accept the alleged scam page, it kept kicking me back. I'm not too happy with Earthlink; but I'm not impressed with other ISPs either.
                      As an IT guy, I always recommend getting your service from a local ISP. Leave the big national outfits alone (AOL, Earthlink, and especially MSN).

National ISP's provide their bland version of the Internet (kind of like USA Today is MacNewspaper).

I can provide some alternatives if you need them.

Comment

Working...
                      X