Just got a partial test back today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a partial test back today

I was checking over my Haplogroup and was surprised to see some partial results back already.

R1b1c
    M173+ M207+ M269+ M343+ P25+ M126- M18- M222- M65- M73- P66- SRY2627-

Your haplogroup assignment represents a partial result from your Deep Clade test. One or more SNP tests failed to produce a clear result. These SNPs are being rerun. However all the SNPs that provided a result through the testing are displayed so that you can see what you are (+) and which SNPs you can rule out (-) at this time.

Me too.

Exactly the same results as you.

Comment

Originally posted by peterft
      Me too.

Exactly the same results as you.
      When are your complete results due? Mine are August 21. Now I will have to read about the R1b1c branch.

Comment

Hi James, where can you see that due date?

Looking at the SNPs, it seems we can rule out c2, c3, c6, c7 and c8. Interesting eh?

Comment

Hi Peterft

If you go to MY FTDNA and log in with your kit number and password, then scroll down on the next page to Pending Lab Results and that tells you an Expected date for the tests. Mine have always run a little earlier then the expected date. If you go to this link, http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_HapgrpR.html this will show the divisions of the R Haplogroup and its subclades. On my partial tests results, if there is a + mark that confirms that is what I have as of now, and a - mark rules that branch out, if I understand that correctly. Hope this helps and makes some sense.

James

Comment

Ah, OK. It's August 8th for me.

Yes I followed the same logic, using that chart. My conclusion is that we must one of R1b1c1, c4, c5, c9 or 10.

I'm a complete novice at this so could be making an incorrect assumption.

Comment

Ok peterft

The C only confused me at first in your reply but now I see you were already narrowing down to the R1b1c branch. If our M269 is a + does that mean we would have an additional branch off of the the R1b1c? Or could we end up as R1b1c? Also could we be R1b1c* I wonder? I guess we could be c1 also as M37 is not ruled out, along with what you had mentioned, c4, c5, c9 or c10

James

Comment

Working...
              X